Yet another "Shunning is good for you, honest!" quote in the June 15th 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

Mary: Ironically, they were fully aware that he was an apostate when he faked his reinstatement. The only thing that mattered was "appearances".

Whitewashed graves are so pretty.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes shunning is good for you!

I did not understand this before, but I know it now.

Sometimes when I'm feeling a little down-in-the-dumps, a little depressed, I go outside for a little fresh air and some shun-shine. I find it's really quite refreshing.

If I really need a jolt, I'll go to a place where I know the local JWs like to hang out and take a quick shun-bath.

There's nothing quite like being completely ignored by family members and/or former friends to let you know how special you are. When their beaming rays of shun-light shine on me I really how truly wonderful and worthy of love I am. Oh, what a feeling!

The other day I was feeling really down. I was depressed that I haven't talked to my kids in ..., well it seems like forever.

I was wallowing in a pool of self-pity, drowning in a sea of sadness with nothing but ominous, dark clouds raining down misery and despair. I guess I was feeling sorry for myself, I admit it.

I was going crazy! I had to do something, anything. So I decided to take a walk.

Lost in thought I wandered aimlessly, completely unaware of the passsage of time, self-indulgently feeling sorry for myself. Pretty pathetic, huh?

But then suddenly I began to feel better. I was confused! What happened? Why did I feel better? At first I had no clue, but I could feel the dark clouds parting and feel a warmth coming over me. I looked around trying to determine the source of this drastic change in my emotions and there it was: across the street were two of my former, closest friends! Oh how I loved them, and oh how they (used to) love me!

As I saw them my heart quickened. When they saw me they immediately turned away and that's when it happened: I was overcome with joy as I felt their shun warming me with their genuine Christian love. - John 13:34-35

I walked, no I fairly skipped, back home knowing that I was loved. Yes, it was a shunny-day!

And now I'm shingin' ....

GOOD DAY SHUN-SHINE!

00GLAD to be SHUNNED

BTW, I only shlur my shpeech when I've been drinking!

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD

BTW, I only shlur my shpeech when I've been drinking!

.........................Is that sho?

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yesh it ish ... shaken, not shtirred!

I shee you know my, hic!, father, Sean, aka 00GRANDAD!!!

• alias
    alias

This practice is unloving, dehumanizing, and sad on so many levels.

alias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit