• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Agnostic atheist

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

6 on Dawkin's scale.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ignostic, leaning towards simulationism.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Attended a talk by Dr. David Eagleman and realized that I was a Possibilian.

Was not converted or convinced by the info, just realized that he well-stated the outlook that I have long held.

Here is the talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LENqnjZGX0A

• still thinking
    still thinking

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but I sometimes find it to be just as intolerant as those you speak against.

Yes.,..I am entitled to my opinion. Am I supposed to care that you find me intolerant? I quite often find religious bigots intolerant. They don't care either. Especially ones that pretend to be nice. Often they are the worst kind. I often find some of THEM to be the biggest manipulative, hypocritical, passive agressive liars.

But, you know...we are all entitled to our opinion. Thanks for yours. Oh...I didn't assume anything...I went purely off what you wrote. If any assumption was made it was based on your own words.

Do you think that informing your children of your faith is indoctrination?

If you 'inform' them the way you inform us..then YES, it is indoctrination. Saying listen to christ, and that you hear his voice, and what you share is the TRUTH. IS indoctrination, it is putting into innocent minds the idea that an invisible creature in the sky is real (or that you are nuts). Unless you don't say any of that to your kids...then one would wonder why the hell you say it here if you don't believe it enough to say it to the ones you love. Isn't it a life saving message? Arent' they deserving of your message that you share with the JWN world, or your own forum? Do you behave and talk differently at home?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Totally religioned out would best describe me!

Bill.

• tec
    tec

Oh...I didn't assume anything...I went purely off what you wrote.

No, you went off what you chose to see, as you always do. Or you would have seen something else. What is ironic is that you would find fault with me if I do indoctrinate my children... AND... you would find fault with me if I do not indoctrinate them. Just to find fault. So that is about as far as I am going to discuss how I raise my children with you.

But there is something you seem not to understand about jwn and my participation here. This is a forum that WELCOMES discussions on faith... as well as non-faith... and anything in between. I am not even trying to force anything upon anyone. No one has to read any discussion or post if they don't want to. So if you come to such a discussion or read a post by someone... then that is your CHOICE, and you must want to do so. (life-saving message is a jw term and not my own... but even that is not something one can/should force upon another... that is something the religion teaches)

Peace to you,

tammy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I DON'T KNOW!

I mean, i went from JW with all the beliving in jehovah, then while i was still in it went to belief but he doesnt care about individuals, then i left and went Deist, he is there but has no interest in earth, to now...I just dont give a damn if god is there or not.

GOD has become irrelivant.

Oz

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Atheist, 7

• WifeyWHisme1970
    WifeyWHisme1970

I believe in Jesus, but im having a difficult time believing all the controversial words being nit picked out by hundreds of scholars that are partnering him n God together as a trinity or not ..so I guess I will continue seeking for non bias Christian group that simply accepts people w all kinds of understanding of scriptures. I just don't want to accept that the trinity doctrine could have holes in it after all ..but for now it's everything mom73 said earlier in thread!

Big hugs to Gma mouthy as well!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit