What is your religious belief now?

by jwfacts 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

But there is something you seem not to understand about jwn and my participation here. This is a forum that WELCOMES discussions on faith... as well as non-faith... and anything in between.

I am well aware that discussion is welcome here...what's your point, other than to think you are telling me something I don't already know. Isn't discussion about faith welcome in your home? It's welcome in mine. We discuss all sorts of things. Just like we do here.

Thats what I love about this place...it often feels like home.

By the way...repetitively saying 'listen to christ' on nearly every thread and post you comment on doesn't really constitute 'discussion'. Sounds more like you telling people what to do.

No, you went off what you chose to see, as you always do. Or you would have seen something else. What is ironic is that you would find fault with me if I do indoctrinate my children... AND... you would find fault with me if I do not indoctrinate them. Just to find fault.

I see......so....who is it that is attributing motive now? Can you not cope with the fact that I simply disagree with MOST of what you preach and am not specifically looking to find fault with you. It's not like I commented to you on this thread first. You commented to me. I wasn't specifically looking to find fault with you.

I have agreed with you in the past...not often, but it has happened. The rest of the time... there isn't much to agree with...it's mostly just reading 'listen to christ' over and over.... I suppose disagreeing with you everytime you spoutmthat mantra might constitute ALWAYS finding fault with you. Maybe if you stopped repeating yourself like a broken record I'd stop finding fault with what you write.

• still thinking
    still thinking

and I do not indoctrinate my children, just as an fyi... they are free to come to Christ and God if they choose, on their own... or not, as they choose. Faith cannot be forced.

I know as a believer you cannot see that what you wrote here is riddled with bullshit. This statement assumes that christ is real and they are chosing to either come to him or not. The premise is false to begin with. It assumes you are right, and they will either make the right choice or the wrong choice.

As an atheist, what I am fee to do, is not about coming to your christ (because I don't believe he exists), my choice is whether to believe you are nuts or not because you seem to honestly think that either choice you have written there is even an option. The are both based on YOUR belief.

Newsflash...atheists don't choose to come or not to come...they don't believe in your imaginary god. Children only believe once a certain level of indoctrination has occured. If they come from a household where one parent is a believer and the other is not, they have a 50/50 chance of escaping the religious indoctrination. If they go to a religious school...the chance are even lower. They may not carry on belief in that church. But the god concept is intrenched and often hard to shake.

• mP
    mP

WifeyWHisme1970

Ask yourself a simple question, why does Jesus worry so much about paying taxes, and being a good slave and not a give a damn about condeming slavery, equality for woman and many other evils ? Why does he have such strange priorities ? Is he a Roman stooge ?

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

really getting sick of people jumping on tec's case....why were those his priorities? hmm well i dunno maybe because the govt had become tyrannical and he was trying to help people be at ease with their conscience , in that they wouldn't feel guilty in being obedient to the govt up to a point? so they would not be lion fodder? i'm sure tec will discuss her thoughts as long as it is being debated in a civil manner--as soon as you start throwing fire with claims (claims which none of us really can say 100% on because we weren't there watching with popcorn), you become threatening, and why would she want to then engage in a threatening discussion?

our society is headed into the shitter for a reason....science is great and i prefer science, but science doesn't really impel people to be curteous or compassionate. even nazis gave each other the proper respect and were even compassionate people in many cases (to their own) because you aren't going to sustain a society without a degree of humanity....they were known for the brutality that they wrought upon their enemies, but these guys were not just walking around during mundane day to day life kicking each other in the teeth for the hell of it. if you ever watch some old nazi films you will see these people on picnics hugging and kissing each other etc.

we need a hedge against society continuing on the path it is currently on....in many cases, that is a person or group of persons who invoke christ, and do something humble to serve their fellow man....or in a given situation they are the person to turn the other cheek, and this winds up embarrassing the other parties involved because they get a quick reflection into how inappropriate they have been behaving, and it sets things straight for a time.

there are too many examples to list. and with regard to raising kids, when would this be more appropriate? these are the years that they are being molded into the person they will become, you think south park is going to raise a generation of solid citizens?

• still thinking
    still thinking

well cptkirk...listen to christ...I'm sure that'll fix it ALL for ya. It will solve ALL the worlds problems.

NO one is doing anything humble by invoking christs name on this forum. In fact...they aren't DOING anything other than discussing their beliefs. THEY aren't DOING anything to help humanity. Not here. (although, some of them do give good reasons for atheism, and I do have to thank them for their contribution to that...but I digress)

you think south park is going to raise a generation of solid citizens?

LOL...of course, I didn't realize that atheists enlisted southpark to raise their kids instead of brainwashing them about invisible men in the sky...without invisible deities.....there is only southpark...LOL...geesh...

if you ever watch some old nazi films you will see these people on picnics hugging and kissing each other etc.

Yeah...you see people going to church doing that too...I've also seen them come out of church and stab people in the back (figuratively speaking, of course)

Whats your point with the nazis? How do you know what they were or were not doing when they weren't committing genocide. Do you believe old propaganda movies?

or in a given situation they are the person to turn the other cheek

Actually, this is not true. It may be your impression. But the reality is, more often than not the other cheek isn't turned. Passive agressive comments are abound, and having the last word is often on the agenda.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

it's a message board, hard to feed the hungry through a lcd monitor.

the southpark statement was obviously a joke pointing out the vacuum left in terms of teaching some kind of system of humane strength.

i knew whoever rebutted would pull the propaganda shit out...of course i know they made propaganda films, doesn't take away from the fact that they were civil in many cases among themselves, and beyond.

yes you are correct, nobody knows that better than i do....but there are opportunities when self sacrifice can change the lives of many people all at once.

• still thinking
    still thinking

doesn't take away from the fact that they were civil in many cases among themselves, and beyond.

That's not a fact...that is your opinion. Is being obedient the same as being civil? I'm not sure. Maybe it is.....I'll have to think on that one.

it's a message board, hard to feed the hungry through a lcd monitor.

Exactly! If you want to be christlike...go do something. I'm sure he wouldn't have sat at his keyboard sharing the good news of the kingdom. Go BE a christian and let me see how good your god is. Telling people to 'listen to christ' is selling to the converted...they already believe in christ.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Anyway...goodnight cptkirk, nice chatting

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The beautiful thing about atheism is that it forces you to see the non believer as a person since it doesn't allow a categorisation. Atheism does not describe an evolutionist, a rationalist , a Nazi, a communist, a thinker, a scientist or an immoral/ moral person. It is simply a statement of being unconvinced. It carries no baggage, it has no rituals, it details no commandments, it describes no worship, it makes no pompous statements about love, truth, light or right and wrong. Atheism is the default state of all humans at birth and our natural home.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

they were civil enough for us to put them on the US payroll...."and beyond". operation paperclip. i'm sure there are people who use this operation to formulate all kinds of conspiracies, i'm merely citing it at face value. a program to bring these nazis into the fold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit