What is your religious belief now?

by jwfacts 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tater-T
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Nope it's one of my posts 7 years ago when I believed :)

Qcmbr then you have come far my friend.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Oops forgot to post mine:

99.5% atheist.

0.5% agnostic.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Nope it's one of my posts 7 years ago when I believed :)

So do you think you were more loving as a christian?

It's quite eerie how familer that is to reading some other christian/believer comments I've read here. The amount of hatred love seething through those words is...well..

• phil the fish filleter
    phil the fish filleter

Full Preterist/ Covenant Eschatologist. AD70 saw the whole fulfillment of the Olivet discourse, the Parousia, and the entry into the New Heavens and Earth. Wild eh?, well, understanding Hebraic metaphor, and a bit of greek helps. So, what now?, you've gotta be kidding right? on youtube will whet a few appetites. Sorry I am a total techno-phobe so if anyone watches it and can provide a link that would be super-duper.

• mP
    mP

Tater:

You might want to look at what past Da Lamas(sp) did to their people. People dont build palaces with abig wall unless they want to keep the locals out and for protection.

• mouthy
    mouthy

WifeyW

• Terry
    Terry

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. — George Bernard Shaw

Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. — Kurt Vonnegut

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is kicked out for what he knows. — Samuel Clemens

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church. — Ferdinand Magellan

It’s an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their reward systems don’t try to make it posthumous. — Gloria Steinem

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Upon breaking from the mind control, learning the actual Christian message was exciting! Sooner or later that pesky logic creeped into those beliefs as well.... There were still so many problems!Flawed logic... Not to mention, a depper study of the bible revealed more and more inconsistencies. A supreme deity should be able to leave us a book that isn't written in riddles. One that doesnt require the reader to overlook so many atrocities, or see uncomfortable things as "symbolic."

I then begged God to prove himself to me. Prove it! prove ANYTHING supernatural at all, and I might be able to swallow the whole thing.

A study of Earth and life's origins sealed the deal for me.

There almost certainly is no God. If I want to see a "god," I see it in humanity and it's ability to improve as a whole over time. One could hardly see that as a god though.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church. — Ferdinand Magellan

Heretic! Next you'll be saying the earth goes around the sun....the godly must not be questioned...they KNOW! Questioning is an attack. You must blindly accept what is said by people who claim to have special insight from their lords, and have faith.

Didn't the catholic church ban all catholics from reading books by Galileo until they simply couldn't deny the truth any longer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit