New here and just sick!

by msconcerned 103 Replies latest jw friends

• MsD
    MsD

Coming to this forum to search for answers doesn't make you an apostate. If anything you are proving that your not naive and narrow minded like most JW's are when it comes to facing the truth about the truth!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Welcome, msconcerned ... most of us were just like you. Something new is taught and we start to see problems. I disassociated in 2008 after learning the teaching that Jesus was not the mediator for all mankind, but only to the 144,000. That's not what the Bible says and I just couldn't ignore that teaching. I didn't leave Jehovah either. I felt bad to think that I was going against the Watchtower teachings, but my love for God was bigger. Hope you stick around.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Welcome, msconcerned! Just relax, and take it at your own pace.

You are among friends.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Welcome!!

Coffee

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi.

The first thing to do is to give yourself permission to THINK.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Msconcerned,

I am NOT an apostate….i have not turned my back on Jehovah.

There are a lot of people here that are not apostate, even though we sometimes say we are in a tongue-in-cheek way; certainly the Society would say that anyone here is apostate simply because we recognize problems with the Organization, and we're never supposed to question God's Organization.

Some here absolutely believe in God and Jesus, while others are agnostic or athiest, and still others haven't clearly decided what to believe.

I have personally come to value the diversity of thought and opinion that is found here because it opens you up to concepts not considered before. I hope you come to apprecdiate it too.

BTW, the resources that can be found here regarding Wathtower teachings are amazing!

• Pterist
    Pterist

Welcome, never stop being a Berean !

Shalom !

• caliber
    caliber

Welcome MSconcerned .. your reaction and feeling is totally expected as it is for all of us who have had years

of indoctrination to fear all knowledge outside the WT.

programmed fear for sure

John 5:39-40

New International Version (NIV)

39 You study [a] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

It is through grace not knowledge that we can gain approval

Do some research on legalism Vs grace ...it will be very enlightening

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome, and I know the feeling! My heart was in my throat the first time I looked around here, and the fear was even worse when I watched my first "apostate" YouTube video.

After time, you'll realize those feelings have been programmed into you, and you'll feel a sense of relief in knowing TTATT (the truth about "the Truth").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit