New here and just sick!

by msconcerned 103 Replies latest jw friends

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Welcome,..

In case up I have not found it yet, there is a great site that shares much info you will be interested in.

Jwfacts.com

When you feel more comfortable you need to look up, " cognitive dissonance". It's what a person experiences when he confronts valid evidence that conflicts with what he currently believes to be true. And also what has to be done to reduce the dissonance in your mind.

We are the SAME people you would have seen walking around the assemblies, Kingdom Halls, quick builds, etc we have just decided that there are too many things that must be looked into to find out what is wrong.

We are not wicked apostates, that is just a label that the WTBTS has put on ones like us that recognize that something is amiss. They must label ones that are able to think for themselves to prevent everyone from waking up to what is going on.

Never be ashamed or let the WTBTS shame you for waking up to the lies.

Anyway, welcome and continue to move forward with your research. As Gloria Steinham once said " The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off"

NJY

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

Sometimes you have to go through hell to get where your going

Defiant

• Fernando
    Fernando

If one digs hard enough and deep enough into the Watchtower library the following picture and definition of apostasy emerges:

spiritual unfaithfulness

spiritual adultery

spiritual fornication

spiritual prostitution

(search wt lib for - aposta* unfaithful* - using paragraph scope - and displaying results from the Bible only)

(search wt lib for - prostit* - and displaying results from the Bible only - check out 37 hits in Ezekiel)

We are faithful when we eat from the "tree of life" (the "unabridged gospel" or "full Good News").

We are unfaithful when we eat from the "tree of knowledge of good and bad" (religion - middlemen as mediators, legalism, works-righteousness, dissecting peripheral doctrines which is something the prophets, Jesus, the apostles, and Paul never did).

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. I have been out a while. One thing that bothers me about the GB being the Faithfull and discrete slave is, on what date were they appointed as such? I asked this on another forum and no JW could answer me. If Jesus returned invisibly in 1919, then who was appointed as the FDS ? Rutherford? Russell was already dead by then. Rutherford was a mean drunk by all accounts, can you imagine him being appointed by Jesus Christ for anything? The Governing Body is a recent arrangement, it's just that the whole thing doesn't seem to track. I apologize if this has been laid out in the literature, I haven't read the Watchtower in a while.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello MS and welcome. It's ok, leaving the WTBS doesn't mean leaving Jah, quite the reverse in fact. I hope you find your way and can benefit from being here. Many of us here are still strong believers.

Loz x

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Good day:

Welcome aboard! I was an MS just up until a couple months ago...I know the thoughts that are going on inside right now! Take it easy & take it one day at a time! There are lots of stuff to learn!

Peace

Kool Jo

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thank you all, i feel as if i was asleep and someone turned the lights on. My eyes have not adjusted quite yet but they are trying.

This is how I felt when I came out about a year ago.

Welcome and EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I need to echo "Trust Your Gut." So many times in my life I have not trusted it. There was much abuse. I can't explain how it works. Without any knowledge, I just get strong feelings that are marked different in manner from other reactions. As Witnesses, we are taught to obey the society. As a born-in, I felt so bad having any doubts. Baby doubts made me feel condemned. Life experience has taught me to follow your gut. Pscyhologists say to do the same. Our guts are prob. the healthiest part of ourselves.

Your gut will tell you what to do. I don't know if you agree but one of the problems I faced as a Witness is that you can't question anything without believing you are sinning against the Holy Spirit.

I once believed that Jehovah would strike me dead for dancing or calling for help to an agency. Well, many decades later I am still here.

This forum can seem crazy and very rude. I would rather than this atmosphere than to have everyone so regimented. Also, I believe in Christ. We can never be perfect. The society can never be perfect.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

" I am NOT an apostate... "

Nope. WT Corporation is the apostate.

• WatchtowerFree
    WatchtowerFree

REMEMBER THIS FACT

Questioning the Watchtower corp. is not questioning GOD . They are not God .

"But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life." Watchtower 1958 May 1 p.261

What Is an Open Mind?

An open mind is free from the fetters of prejudice, which by one dictionary is defined as follows: "A judgment or opinion, favorable or unfavorable, formed beforehand or without due examination; a mental decision based on other grounds than reason or justice; especially, a premature or adversely biased opinion." A necessary part of life is that we make decisions and reach judgments. But decisions made "without due examination" or judgments reached "on other grounds than reason or justice" are evidences of a closed mind. Having an open mind, on the other hand, means to be receptive to new information and ideas. It means being willing to examine and to evaluate information without a biased attitude. By retaining what is worthwhile and rejecting what is worthless, we can reach definite conclusions on a solid basis and still leave our minds open to further revision should additional information become available at a future time. He who feels he has learned it all can be sure that this attitude will prevent him from ever learning more.*** AWAKE 84 11/22 pp. 3-4 An Open or a Closed Mind-Which Do You Have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit