New here and just sick!

by msconcerned 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Pterist
    Pterist

Nice analogy AnnOMaly, will we take the BLUE pill of blissful ignorance of illusion, or embrace the painful truth of reality RED !

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are a lot particular reasons many people who've been devoted to this religious organization, get mentally Awaken

to the possibility that they have wrongly been a subservient slave to the Watchtower Corporation, rather being a devoted slave to Christ

and follower of his words in the bible.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Coming here can be a hard test on the foundations of your faith. The risk is that you end up losing faith in Jehovah. The upside is that you gain perspective and a humbling and you will be hard-pressed to examine yourself, your beliefs and your motives. "What won't kill you will make you stronger", they say. Well, it's true here. Question is if your faith will survive. Oh, and the obvious - you will quickly learn to make a distiction between being loyal to Jehovah and being loyal to the Watchtower Society and its Governing Body. Two different things altogether, no matter what you've been taught.

Eden

• irondork
    irondork

PSacramento: All you have to do is do just that.

Gives new meaning to, "For my yoke is kindly and my load is light."

By contrast:

“The scribes and the Pharisees [governing body]... bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger."

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I remember feeling exactly the same way you did...exactly. Read my first post and you'll see...MS too, disolusioned etc. I feel for you, this is a good place sometimes just to type...and give a few insane experiences. Theraputic. Did I spell that right?! ;-)

Take care

• tornapart
    tornapart

Hi msconcerned. Don't be worried about being here. I'm an elder's wife and no one in my congregation knows I come here. I've been here for over a year now. It's an awful place to be when you start to discover 'the truth about the truth'.

If you want to visit a really factual site to start with to find out more things try jwfacts. There's so much to find out about the doctrines and wether the bible supports them or not. Also, many changing doctrines over the years. It's truly eye opening.

One thing I would say though, when you start to discover things don't go around telling anyone what you've discovered. It's a fast way to being disfellowshipped. Learn how to handle it first, then decide what you want to do.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Unstop **** i also and not the best speller youll find out soon enough lol*****

The LETTER kills, the spirit gives life, I blame my bad spelling on my iPad completing my words for me incorrectly LOL ;)

Shalom

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Msconcerned said ... I have REALLY been bothered about the many "understandings" regarding 1914. Also 1975 and the urgings from the society.

These are some of the main professed doctrines that bothered many as to their viability and perhaps toward why those doctrines were created initially

and intensionally.

The forlorn question remains ... Were these doctrines created purposely and intently solely upon attracting attention from the public and

the WTS. own published goods ?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for joining. You don't have to feel wrong for being on this forum. The WTS encourages having an open mind before becoming a jw, so having an open mind will benefit you. The nice thing about this forum is that you can accept or reject. You are not forced to accept anything. There are some excellent reasoning points presented on this forum.

• not bitter
    not bitter

Welcome

There are lots of newbies here today!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit