New here and just sick!

by msconcerned 103 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, keep learning and be true to yourself

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

To help you understand who actually is an apostate, the following scriptures will help you. In the aftermath of their membership as NGO of the DPI of the UN (1992 - 2001) and affiliates (e.g., OSCE), according to Watchtower Theology, what would their position be before God and Christ? The following scriptures will assist you: Matt. 24:15; Mark 13:14; Luk. 21:36; Rev. 13:16, 17; 14:9-12; 15:2; 16:2; 17:8; cf. 14:1, 4, 5.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome to the forum msconcerned....

- you will quickly learn to make a distiction between being loyal to Jehovah and being loyal to the Watchtower Society and its Governing Body. Two different things altogether, no matter what you've been taught....EdenOne

EdenOne

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

hi msconcerned

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Good Morning MSConcerned: My heart goes out to you. Don't give up reading and learning. You owe it to yourself. I haven't read the whole thread and apologies if someone else suggested this. See if you can read Ray Franz's books: Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom. Those books will put together all the pieces of the puzzle for you.

warm regards,

wanna

• flipper
    flipper

MSCONCERNED- Welcome to the board ! WANNAEXIT makes a very important point suggesting you keep reading and learning, that you owe it to yourself. I totally agree. The books she stated are very important in exposing what's going on behind the scenes in the WT organization and to observe tactics that high control organizations use I highly suggest reading Steve Hassan's books as well - " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the bonds - Empowering People to Think For Themselves " & his most recent book " Freedom of Mind - Helping Loved ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and beliefs. "

These books and Franz's books that Wannaexit mentioned have helped me tremendously these last 9 years that I stopped attending meetings. It helped me realize that many of us - even born in Witnesses like myself- were controlled through guilt and fear to NEVER question or have doubts as we would be judged as " wicked ". But nothing is further from the truth. If anything- it shows we are even mORE concerned about really finding the " truth " of things and digging deeper in order to keep an open mind that won't be blindly misled or controlled. Just remember we are here for you as a support my friend. We are happy you are here, O.K. ? Take care, things will get clear for you as you do more research. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

MSCONCERNED... In response to Gopher's question, you said..

Gopher, the understanding that only when the FDS come together then they are the GB.

Actually, you have that backwards... But we know what you mean...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Welcome.....

Muuhahha ha ha ha ha...... now go kill a goat.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome MS.I am the granny on board. Because I didnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914
    I was df. Losing my daughter,grandkids,greatgrandkids,By orders of the WT.
    MY understanding of being a Christian .IS LOVE!!!!not telling the congregation to hate.
    MY GOD!!!!If you wish to call him Jehovah is O.K. by me. But I call him Father as HE adopted
    me when I did as HE told me to do. "TO LISTEN TO MY SON">Jesus Christ !THE WAY! TRUTH! LIFE!
    So since I am the Granny ( MOUTHY one at that ) I am going to say to MY Saviour Jesus Christ just this

"Dear Heavenly Father I come before your throne,& ask that you open MS mind to KNOW YOU!

we were all duped by the false prophet, but it was in the first place because we wanted to serve you

Now I realized that we can do nothing on our own We must invite you into our hearts & mind

we are then born again.as the Scriptures tell us we are on doing so. Please be with MS as he

takes back the brain you gave him,& really THINKS about all the false prophet told us to do.AMEN!!!!!"

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Welcomed MSconcerned. I pray to God for you to help on your journy.

Believe it or not, most of the people on here aren't true apostates. If you look in the dictionary on what an apostate means, you will see a "true" apostate is one who goes against God basically. The WTS has everyone believing if you goes against them it equals going against God. The ironic things is, the WTS is the true apostate because they are going against God and now are very close to even denying his son.

I haven't read any of the other comments, but a good book to read if Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, he was an ex GB member. I haven't read it yet, but my parents have and have told me things in the book. I'm going to start reading it today. Also check out jwfacts. Both of these are real eye openers.

I hope now you can find your way back to God and his Son, its' a hard journy, but it's worth it! And the peace that comes over you will provve you are on the right path back to Gods favor. It's going to be hard but don't lose your faith in the Almighty!

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit