New here and just sick!

by msconcerned 103 Replies latest jw friends

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Hello, I am new and i feel soooo wrong about being here. Anyway I am an M.S and have been disillusioned ever since the new understanding that came out in October. I have read many things on this board that I have and also have not thought about. I just want everyone to know I am NOT an apostate….i have not turned my back on Jehovah.

I hope to really find what it means to be a real Christian. And I am more and more realizing that “worldly sources” have merit. Thanks.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Welcome to the board!

I just want everyone to know I am NOT an apostate….i have not turned my back on Jehovah.

Don't worry....these things take time!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hello MS. You don't need to be apostate to post here. All are welcome. The founder of this site was an active JW with questions when he started this board to discuss those questions with other JW's.

It's really good to have questions. In fact, it's better to have questions you cannot answer than it is to have answers you cannot question.

I wasn't around this board much in 2012, so please remind me what is the new understanding or new light that came out in October?

• Splash
    Splash

Don't feel wrong for being here, like a lot of us you can't ask your questions at the KHall so have found somewhere you can talk about these things without feeling terrified and obliged to agree with the answers you get.

I also can't fathom the new GB understanding.

I asked my wife why there hasn't been a WT on the new understanding yet - it's been months and the April WT's (with June study items in) are already on jw org.

Wifey seems to think there hasn't been enough time for it to appear in the WT's - "They are written months in advance you know".

Anyway, Welcome!

Splash

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Gopher, the understanding that only when the FDS come together then they are the GB

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Don't let anyone scare you away. You can decide how much of what you learn at the Kingdom Hall and in WT publications is not for you.

About feeling so wrong being here, remember that the Bereans were encouraged to check things for themselves. WTS discourages that when it comes to checking what they say from outside sources. You know better.

I think you are referring to their new "only the Governing Body members are the Faithful and Discreet Slave" understanding. While most witnesses don't think about it deeply, it changes all kinds of things they have been saying for the last 100+ years. Also, remember they recently changed "generation" to mean "overlapping generation." People like you are able to examine that for themselves and see the problems with ever-changing doctrines.

Welcome to the forum.

• minimus
    minimus

ms, the more you THINK about the rules, policies, crazy scriptural viewpoints, errors----the easier it is to CLEARLY see this religion is not nor ever has been the "truth"---EVER!

• tec
    tec

Welcome, msconcerned.

Peace,

tammy

• designs
    designs

Take an Atheist to Lunch

Welcome.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

msconcerned, welcome!

We know you're not an apostate, the GB is.

Take your time. It will all make sense eventually.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit