A picture so outrageous, it deserves its own thread...

by cedars 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

*marking*

This is super-creepy. It boggles my mind now that I'm "free" to see the depths of the organization-worship and elevation of man (who are supposed to be servants) and the way they kick Jesus to the curb!

How could I not see this for so long..... Is the org becoming more "org-oriented" than usual or am I finally just seeing it for what it is??

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Has anyone got a scan of the chart from years ago that was similarly Hierarchical ? I can see it in my head, and , if memory serves, where the GB are now was the 144,000,

it would be interesting to compare, Blondie possibly could you be a darlin' and locate it in your usual brilliant way ?

I also think it had a smiling Jesus in it ????

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just another illustration depicting the fact that the GB are closest to god and they have the fullest amount of holy spirit pored upon

themselves in this pyramid power structure.

This quote is quite laughable and to a extent shows the organization devious maligning colors.

They have freed themselves from the constricting creeds and contaminating false doctrines of the nominal churches. They have freed themselves from the hierarchical, congregational and all other forms of church rule that are unscriptural and they are governed by theocratic rule.

They are more false in their doctrines than the other religious organizations they pointed a finger at.

They also based their religion from unscriptural teachings and they have created a semblance of power upon those false teachings.

In other words they have actually mirrored themselves in this statement .

• BroMac
    BroMac

Phizzy I came back to post the same thought. Yes should not the 144,000 be above the GB? or does this picture show for the first time in printed form the New Idea that David Splane likes so much.

• blondie
  • james_woods
    james_woods

Do you know, Phizzy makes a good point - not only is Jesus missing, but so is the 144,000!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

A couple things. The "celestial chariot" is an aggregate of the "heavely organization". This would include Jehovah, his son who reigns (and is probably on that throne), and the co-rulers. Or maybe Jesus is that big angel on the right. Who knows.

One thing is for sure though. Pictures matter to WT conductors. Common phrases are "what does this picture show us", and "what is the slave trying to show us here".

I rmemeber a thread here from an elder, who said at one of the large elder trainings, they had a chart they would write on a white board every day and refer to. He said there were 9 things between Jehovah and the publishers, and he joined this religion because they told him it would give him the closest relationship to God possible.

So the photo does matter. Does it matter they are over Africa? I don't think so. Does it matter the chairs go nice to not nice? I think it was probably just natural for the illustrators to reflect what we all would see with our minds eye in corporate structure.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Of course you won't see Jesus in the picture, he's "invisibly present"! So he's in the picture, but you can't see him because he's invisible. Maybe if you use lemon juice on a print copy of the magazine you can see him.

This picture is going to be very useful to me. I've already had discussions with my parents about the clergy assembled by JWs, here on proud display. There is no scriptural foundation for their "organization". Paul clearly stated that "the head of the man is the Christ." He left no room for a series of middle managers to come between an individual and their relationship with Jesus. And what happens when a bunch of men assemble themselves into an "organization" that claims to be the only channel to God? You have idiots that misinterpret the Bible, teach false prophecies, and compromise the safety of children.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I think I know why Jesus is missing.... the GB have taken his place. After all the 'Master' is away isn't he? They are the FDS who are controlling things until the Master returns..........

Let's hope the Master returns pretty soon and gets his big stick out and give them a beating...

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how many jws will note the significance of the FDS missing on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit