A picture so outrageous, it deserves its own thread...

by cedars 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$..

Governing Rock Star Popes..

JW`s who Like to be Pope`d on..

appl.gif

...................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Pterist
    Pterist

The glass ceiling is transparent and consistant with their clergy/laity theology.

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

Alan V said:

But it is probably still true that most dubs have no idea who they are or what qualifications they may have for the job.

Yup.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be something more like:

Breaking News! Evidence Uncovered That Proves WTBTS Spreads Their Beliefs In Their Publications!

Now sure, I can see that. And why would you expect anything else?

In journalism, this is a "dog bites man" story, ie that which is expected. The REAL noteworthy story would be if WT ran something OTHER than the expected (eg showed a pix of YHWH smoking a cigarette, etc). Now THAT would be newsworthy and outrageous. But suggesting they're subtly trying to introduce subtle position shifts to the rank and file via their artwork? A bit reminiscent of those who look for subliminal messages (clawed hands, etc) buried in the WT artwork to create vast conspiracies involving Free Masons, etc.

This same image has been scrutinized as the subject of at least two other threads over the past few days, and this is the first time (AFAIK) that someone with an eagle eye (good pick-up, BTW!) has pointed out the presence of identifiable GB members in it.

But look at it this way: if 'apostates' scrutinizing the image with a fine-tooth comb and looking for something to ridicule have only noticed it NOW, what are the odds that the average JW is going to: 1) notice it, or, 2) care?

Any JW who has problems accepting this most-central JW tenet (ie that the GB is God's Earthly representatives) would likely not have a problem seeing the concept depicted in a graphical representation: they 'buy' into it. And if anyone inside dared to stand up and voice their doubts, they'd quickly be DFed. So it's not really an issue to anyone, except those struggling with the basic policy of GB = FDS.

Hint: the WT is not trying to present this image to convince anyone who knows TTATT. Those people (apostates) have already voted with their feet, and are to be shunned by active JWs.

FWIW, I see the art and have to laugh: I bet if you showed it to the average person on the street who didn't know anything about the source or JW theology, most would ask what comic book it was from, LOL!

In fact, there's an interesting idea for an video to make, taking the image without captions or revealing it's source, and asking total strangers on the street to explain what message the image conveys to them, AKA a reaction video. Then the interviewer can offer the actual JW interpretation, and watch their reaction. Now THAT would be useful video for active JWs to see, showing them how the World sees their policy as nutty. But even there, some people's persecution complexes are so strong, they will just go into seeing themselves as targets of others.

Not that it matters, anyway: this is all just a matter of personal opinion, and people are free to assign whatever significance they wish to assign to such images. If anyone feels it is a persuasive argument working against the WT, then they are free to think that: everyone is entitled to their opinion (including those they are trying to convince).

Regards,

David

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can honestly say I have never seen a brother go out in field service without a tie on. It gets extremely hot in durban, hot and humid, where your arms are slick and you haven't moved 10 feet.....

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The bible made no provisions for Titled clergymen, with a laity to whom they would preach. Brother Russell was determined that there would be no clergy class."__________Proclamers book page 204

" However, Brother Russel emphasized that they were not attempting to set up an " earthly organization." Rather he said, " we adhere only to that heavenly organization."__________Proclaimers book page 205

New Light came fromThe seat of Bro. Russells britches

They set that cat on fire and done away wit 'em

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Hey .....look at that...........an excellent example of Psalms 146:3 in action......right?........RIGHT????

And millions of 'publishers' won't even notice.

• cedars
    cedars

DavePerez

Perhaps the titleof this thread should be something more like:

Breaking News! Evidence Uncovered That Proves WTBTS Spreads Their Beliefs In Their Publications!

What a surprise, King Solomon is having a go at me again - this time telling me how I should or shouldn't word the titles to my threads. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Patronizing people gotta be patronizing.

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Cedars

all this resurrectin' goin' on maybe we really did survive the big " A "

ya think

• cedars
    cedars

wasblind

all this resurrectin' goin' on maybe we really did survive the big " A "

It would seem that way, although there are "proper" resurrections (i.e. slimboyfat) approved by the forum owners, and resurrections where banned posters sneak back in under another name, such as with recovery/ethos/facethefacts and King Solomon/DavePerez. In King Solomon's case, you would think a poster so fond of correcting people would be able to play by the rules himself.

Cedars

• sd-7
    sd-7
    In journalism, this is a "dog bites man" story, ie that which is expected.

Exactly. By the way, did you hear about that dog biting that man? It's crazy! They really need some sweeping dog control legislation, maybe even to ban dogs altogether. I'm afraid to leave my home, for fear of dog attacks along the way.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit