A picture so outrageous, it deserves its own thread...

by cedars 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

Maybe someone should just write in to the Society and ask about the picture, see what they say. That would squash all this debate, ha ha, riiight...

--sd-7

• james_woods
    james_woods

There is no getting around it - the fact that it neglects showing Jesus is a monumental point.

I cannot see how an error of this kind could have been made - but on the other hand, it is so obvious that it could hardly be anything BUT an error...

OR>>> COULD IT HAVE BEEN DELIBERATE???

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I remember once many years ago someone saying that there are those that know the names of ALL the Presidents of the USA but do not know all the names of the GB.

So they were trying to get us to learn the names of the Gb at the time so there is some that hold them a little higher than they should.

NJY

• cedars
    cedars

FYI - I never said the ommission of Jesus was significant. The picture shows the "earthly part" of the organization, and the Society will claim that Jesus, being in the heavens, is in the heavenly part.

alanv - you seem to have a very narrow-minded view of what information should or should not be discussed on this forum. This picture is excellent proof for lurkers that the organization is no different from other religions that it criticizes for being hierarchical. If you don't think that's relevant, then fine - but I do. I fail to see why it's productive to label me "paranoid" just for holding a different viewpoint to you as to what is or isn't relevant.

Cedars

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

THAT ANGEL ON THE RIGHT IS NOT JESUS!!

THOSE ARE ANGELS FLYING IN MID-HEAVEN DIRECTING THE WORK

SO JESUS IS LEFT OUT OF THE PICTURE!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!

• alanv
    alanv

Maybe someone should just write in to the Society and ask about the picture, see what they say. That would squash all this debate, ha ha, riiight...

--sd-7

I really wish someone would do that sd-7. It would be interesting to hear their reply.

I totally agree with what you are saying. The average dub wont give this a second thought. It is purely there to amuse apostates apparantly.

It serves a purpose. It simply shows the pecking order in the org, and as I said earlier the dubs already know it, so just a reminder to them, like all the other reminders they get.

Now lets move on to something sensible that really does show how evil and corrupt the organisation and its governing body are.

• cedars
    cedars

alanv

Now lets move on to something sensible that really does show how evil and corrupt the organisation and its governing body are.

Apparently proving that the organization is hypocritical for labelling other religions "hierarchical" isn't sufficient in this respect. In fact, proving hypocrisy in this regard merely makes one "paranoid."

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods

AlanV, I cannot fathom what your point is in the criticism you have displayed on this thread.

It is a WEIRD picture - this is a thread about it being a weird picture - and everybody agrees that the picture is weird.

SOOO - What is your problem here?

• wasblind
    wasblind

serves a purpose. It simply shows the pecking order in the org, and as I said earlier the dubs already know it, so just a reminder to them, like all the other reminders they get._____Alanv

Did you say pecking order ? Isn't that a characteristic of Babylon ?

Jus' messin' Alanv

Governing Body = to the Pope

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just another illustration depicting the fact that the GB are closest to god and they have the fullest amount of holy spirit pored upon

themselves in this pyramid power structure.

This quote is quite laughable and to a extent shows the organization devious maligning colors.

They have freed themselves from the constricting creeds and contaminating false doctrines of the nominal churches. They have freed themselves from the hierarchical, congregational and all other forms of church rule that are unscriptural and they are governed by theocratic rule.

They are more false in their doctrines than the other religious organizations they pointed a finger at.

They also based their religion from unscriptural teachings and they have created a semblance of power upon those false teachings.

In other words they have actually mirrored themselves in this statement .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit