A picture so outrageous, it deserves its own thread...

by cedars 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

They could not even give the CO his wife by his side, as many have and they do travel with them and have a signifigant role.

I can't wait to show this to the women activist I know, fighting so hard for women to be recognized in leadership roles around the world.

purps

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A baptised male child 6 years old has more status and can do more within the congregation than the most experienced and knowledgable woman

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

I might have missed it, but was the (B)Org Chart discussed at any meetings already?

My wife indicated that yesterday they were due to look at this in some way. She only mentioned it to me last minute, despite me telling her I would love to go for that meeting and see how on earth they explain away the points that people have made about it on here

Song

• Terry
    Terry

SILLY RABBITS! Jesus is ..... invisible!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Oh my Ceders, This quotegot me

This fading of Christian watchfulness prompted apostate Christians to organize themselves into a well-structured church whose eyes were no longer fixed on the coming parousia, or presence, of Christ but, rather, on dominating its members and, if possible, the world. The New Encyclopædia Britannica states: “The [apparent] delay of the Parousia resulted in a weakening of the imminent expectation in the early church. In this process of ‘de-eschatologizing,’ [weakening of the teaching on the “Last Things”] the institutional church increasingly replaced the expected Kingdom of God. The formation of the Catholic ChurchWatch Tower as a hierarchical institution is directly connected with the declining of the imminent expectation.” (w84 12/1 p6)

If my husband fgoes back to studying, I don't know how I will stand it! I find comfort that at least he likes wearing a beard now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit