I Think My Marriage Is Over...

by cognac 135 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree with the advice to spare yourself the agony and don't bother confronting the "other woman". It's your husband who is supposed to be playing on your team.

There is no reason to spare your husband any inconvenience as he tries to wrangle a way to be "scripturally free". He's the adulterer. Let him "confess".

It might be sweet, just once, after the dust has cleared, to attend one of his services. You and your daughters can sit on one side of him, and his sweetheart on the other.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm guessing that your husband is flattered by the attention he gets from the other woman.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Is he worth fighting for?

• nugget
    nugget

I am so sorry to hear that things have become so bad. It seems that he has already checked out the marriage and as you say is lining up wife number two. She is as bad telling a married man she loves him. Your husband may wish to divorce and start again but he is forgetting that divorce for anything other than adultery does not leave him free to remarry. Him and his floosie have no right to a relationship unless immorality occurs under his rules. He is setting a bad example for his daughters. I am truly sorry for you but he seems very immature and you do deserve better. It is natural to mourn a relationship especially one where you have children together. What is important is to think about what is best for them and for you.

You have received a lot of good advice only you can decide if you want to give your marrige another shot. If you think it is over then take control of the situation and make sure it is as stable as possible for the children. They are young enough now to make a transition and adjust.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If he was my husband, I would pray on it,

I'd ask myself What would Jesus do. Then do somethin' else

I hope you are a better Woman than me Cognac , I hope wit' all my heart

you come out the victor over his deceit

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

JamieBowers - thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that Cognac posted that stay-at-home mom and dads thread. So you are supporting his ass while he sits at home and expects you to do all the work while he gets it on with some little JW chick? Hmmm. Sheds some new light on your problem, I would say. Cognac - I've been cheated on and it's horrible. I've also survived as a single parent. It's not easy, but it's better than staying in a relationship where you are valued so little.

I'm inclined to think that in your situation it's time for you to be strong, get out, file for divorce and hold your head up high. Moshe gave some adivce on another thread about taking decisive action rather than taking things slow because it could be a lifesaver. I didn't agree with him in that case, but I think it's good advice for you. If you are the one to take action now, I think you will be better off in the end. It might wake your husband up and let him see what he's losing (if you still think the marriage is worth saving). If it doesn't, it will put you in a position of strength because you are not taking the victim role. You will have the power to take your life in the direction you want it to go.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh heck, sing this to her. And back it up with action. Tell your man that Jehovah might not ever forgive him for cheating, so he's better off with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz1cPKtayNM

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey flyin' don't forget to back that up wit the next song

" Don't come home a drinkin' wit lovin' on your mind "

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• moshe
    moshe

Just curious, would you have done anything differently 4 years ago, if you knew then , what you know now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit