I Think My Marriage Is Over...

by cognac 135 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I know exactly what happened... He thinks I'm going to die at the big A and wants to be with someone he can live forever with...

We have two girls, ages 3 and 1... I really thought we'd make it despite the religion, now I really don't think so... Not sure what to do...

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Im so sorry. What happened to make you feel its over? Was there a conversation?

• cognac
    cognac

He's been talking to some girl on FB and she sent him a message saying she loved him... At first i thought he was just talking innocently not realizing he was leading her on (which i was still mad about) but lately hes been really sneaky about everything. Then I found out she was messaging him again and he unblocked her.

We share the same iPod and the messages beep so I saw it. Wasn't spying or anything but now I think I should...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ask him if abandoning his family is what the Bible / Elders / WTS / GB recommend these days? Must be New Lite.

GO TO A COUNSELOR.

Go by yourself if need be.

Doc

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Be patient. Life is full of storms.

• cognac
    cognac

I've gone to counseling. All hey do is listen to you. They never really offer me any advice or anything...

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

1 Cor 7:12-16: "But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and yet she is agreeable to dwelling with him, let him not leave her; 13 and a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her, let her not leave her husband. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to [his] wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, YOUR children would really be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving one proceeds to depart, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not in servitude under such circumstances, but God has called YOU to peace. 16 For, wife, how do you know but that you will save [your] husband? Or, husband, how do you know but that you will save [your] wife?"

If you are agreeable to staying with him, per these verses, he should let you, and he should stay with you. If there are other problems, that's beyond the scope of these verses.

Best wishes, however it turns out.

EDIT: I spoke before reading the whole thread. If he's cheating, the above verses don't apply. If you think it's worth trying to save the marriage, by all means, do. If not, move on. I don't want to sound callous, so if I do, I apologize in advance. I totally understand a bad marriage and what it can do. I'm living in one. Again, best wishes to you, however it turns out.

• cognac
    cognac

I just don't think he can live with somebody who is going to die on him... I think he thinks its a waste of time to be close to somebody he's not going to be with forever. He just wants to get the inevitable over with so he he move on...

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

lol your husband is pretty dumb if he's doing that while you guys are sharing an ipod

• cognac
    cognac

Thank you l-q. Not sure what to do. I'm not really happy in this marriage, but, I don't want to break up the family either...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit