I Think My Marriage Is Over...

by cognac 135 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Thank you everyone.

JB- thank you for the compliment.

I just got layed off, but still make enough on unemployment to support myself while i look for another job. I'm also thinking of starting my own business in the SEC Compliance area. I guess for now I'm going to get my own life in order. Maybe take up jogging again... Just think things through and get my life in order before making any rash decisions...

4 years ago I would have left him if he pulled this crap Moshe.

• cognac
    cognac

I love you guys for making me feel better...

hope you don't mind if I vent... But, really... Does he think so little of me that he can just throw me away so easily? I have put everything into this, how doesn't he see that? I admit, I could be difficult with him... But that was only because I wanted him to be the best he could be. He is so willing to accept at the compliments and take all the credit for how far he has come and the accomplishments he has made, but hates that I got him there nd he knows it... And resents me being hard on him even though he so loves the outcome of everything..,

I never know what to do. If I do nothing, he's miserable and depressed and doesn't feel like a man. If I push he has so much pride in himself but I'm a complete bitch... So, I try to show him what to do but he's lazy and doesn't do anything and ends up miserable anyways...

People say I push him to much. Maybe they are right. Maybe I should just let him hate himself instead of me...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like you're in charge, in a way...

S

• cognac
    cognac

S- what do you mean?

• Satanus
    Satanus

You know what buttons to push in your guy, and what the results are. That's what i get from your last post.

S

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like your husband does not respect you at all or he wouldn't already be making plans with this other gal. In fact it sounds as if he's been doing this for some time. You really need to think about what's best for you AND your children. If you stay with him and he doesn't change, then you are sending a message to your young daughters to accept this behavior from men in their lives when they grow up and a chain of codependence is started . Your husband is a typical JW man- emotionally manipulative, dominating, and abusive in a covert type of silent way without being blatant about it.

You''ve received smart, really good advice on this thread , Think about it, think about your daughters future . They need you to make a good decision not only for yourself, but for them. If you ever want to talk, you know my wife and my number. We'll be here for you friend. Been through divorce myself in the past from a JW mate- believe me it gets easier later after dealing with it. Going through it's the hard part. But the picture becomes crystal clear AFTERWARDS - life is like that a lot of the time. Sending love and hugs, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Satanus
    Satanus

You may be doing that, because you know that your husband wants you to do it....

S

• cognac
    cognac

S- apparently, I didn't. Never thought he'd cheat...

flipper- you hit the nail on the head. On one hand, I don't want a broken family. I want my kids to see their father every day, not just on weekends. On the other hand, I don't want to teach them to accept this type of behavior with the men in their lives...

I'm so torn...

• cognac
    cognac

S- maybe your right. I was in a good relationship before, and I was so carefree. I was considered flighty and ditsy. I have that side of me. I have a smart side and then a very ditsy side... I like both. But, with my husband I don't feel like I can ever be just carefree...

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

The hypocrisy in this religion amazes me. He doesn't want to be with you because you are a sinner and are going to die at A, yet he is going behind your back and cheating on you? Amazing. Haven't read the whole thread yet, still on page 1. But I'm sorry, cognac. That's especially hard with two little ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit