Good Reasons To Hate Every Weak And Ex-Jehovah Witness.

by AuntConnie 174 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Aunt Connie, here is how you come accross:

''I am soooo good and loyal and everyone else is crap. I DESERVE better, I DESERVE respect etc, everyone else is worthless, bums and nutjobs. I gave my life to the cause and nobody cares''.

Connie, you DO have a choice like it or not. Do you think getting out of the Watchtower is easy? A cop out? It means one is WEAK? Leaving the witnesses was the hardest thing i ever had to do, it cost me my wife, my kids and my house and all my friends collected over my life. It was get out or die, I choose to get out and rebuild.

First thing you need to realize is that Jehovah is not real, then that the Organization is nothing but a publishing and real estate corporation. Get angry that you have been conned then get out and get a life while you still can.

Stop playing the victim and take off that judgement hat you wear.

Oz

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    It might seem simple to you but my social life, other family members are part of my anchor in the crazy zoo.

Yeah. It's a tough break. So why make it worse by saying how much you hate ex-JWs - people who have done absolutely nothing to you - too??

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Jehovah's Witnesses - They’re nothing but a pack of cards dreaming of a wonderland.

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

Hi AuntConnie,

I'm not a JW nor an X-JW. You've got yourself in a bit of a headlock with this stuff haven't you?

Since you can't take the bigger steps maybe a baby step is in order. Get the book "Boundaries" by Townsend. Then start applying the principles involved. It won't fix everything but it will help you to feel more in control.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Well you going to deserve a Oscar for the acting you'll have to do to stay in. Can't say you won't fit in with most other Witnesses who do the same.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hatred is destructive. It will destroy you if you continue allowing it to fill you. Let it go.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good morning. I hope you check in.

As a rundown, you've made a life by staying clean and in the organization. It has worked all right, except that you've had to distance yourself from everyone who can't keep the standard, including your own parents. And you are very, very tired. You have not received acknowledgement for your hard work from your parents (who seem to indulge their attention on the weak ones, instead of you) or the organization. Here the organization goes accommodating the weak and the disabled at the conventions, and again, your contribution is barely noted. To top it all off, after years of steadfast shunning of your parents, you finally get some attention from the elders. For not appearing affectionate enough. Wouldn't you just love to sock it to the elders? I bet you pasted on your good little Witness girl smile instead.

Now, you are on the verge of showing weakness, and joining the huge company of flawed humanity where the rest of us reside.

lp's advice for seeking medical help is fantastic. Instead of rejecting the idea of medical supports/medication, why not bring up your concerns (become a fat do-nothing) with a medical professional?

Your husband would forbid your use of anti-depressants? Boy, it is time the power dynamics in your marriage shifted a bit. Would he hate you too if you ever showed any weakness?

You used this board as a way to keep your sanity last night. It's a stopgap measure at best. You need more outside help.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome AuntConnie. Your thread has been a blast. I appreciate where you are coming from. You have done everything you have been told to do, yet the reward is bitter sweet. I imagine you still believe in the religion, but also see its flaws, hence a lot of cognitive dissonance hurting you at the moment. Like most of us here have been, you are between a rock and a hard place. Keep on as you have been and continuing suffering fools, or leave and lose what seems like everything. I hope you stay on the board, so we can track what you end up choosing to do.

• BroMac
    BroMac

JW's have it the wrong way round

Ever think that The Strong are The Weak? - Religious is not the same as being Spiritual, Only in the WT Society

Think about it, then think of your parents and what they tried to do for your brother.

• moshe
    moshe

To thine own self be true -

Welcome and you are not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit