2012 Memorial Partakers--12,604!

by Atlantis 124 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Someone asked what a truly annointed one is. Apparently it is only those who are GB members or serve closely along with them at World Headquarters, dispensing spiritual food. I believe they would love, love, love to officially say that you are not to partake unless you have served for a certain amout of time, in a certain capacity, and you have current GB approval. They just have not figured out how to do it yet.

They cannot allow sites like Annointedjw to continually influence the rank and file. Nor can they allow a continued increase. I would expect some refinements in the WT about what it means to be annointed. Any who do not fit a certain criteria will be marked by the rank and file, and the Elders. They will either recant or leave, the GB do not care which one happens. I would look for something like this before they resort to dropping 1914, it's easier. They can always say that those who left were serving with a date in view or were modern day Absaloms. This will by them more time to ponder any further doctrinal changes. The stress caused by persecuting those claiming to be annointed will have the families in the org so freaked out that any who cannot reason for themselves will cling to the GB's skirts just to make the pain go away. When the smoke clears, it's nu-light time. This could easily be massaged into the psyche of the r&f over the next decade.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Not as long as there's a May 15 , 1984 WT to be found "

Refresh my memory. What does this one say?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hear ya Data. I can see the WT printing things like, even Judas was once approved blah blah blah. After Ray was douched, it was obvious that anyone was fair game

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wasblind,

I hear ya. " 1914-The Generation That Will Not Pass Away" Like Breakfast of Champions said, they may just attempt to change the meaning, not the actual date upon which 1919 hinges. The GB could say " We expected this, but here is what really came about..." Then they revise the articles, as has been done before, along with limiting how far back the R&F can look into the past with GB approved methods.

Keep the fear level high, the end close, punish those who rush ahead. Tighten the reigns!! It's do-able IMO. They have a huge potential crop of new followers fro 3rd world countries with no internet. I think the biggest challenge is to keep current dubbies zealous enough to serve where the need for converts is great!! Once you have new families who can be dupped for several decades then you have an income. It's crunch time right now for the GB. These next few years may determine their future. They have got get things under control. They must get new un-educated converts who will pro-create like rabbits to keep the numbers up. They admit they are a hierarchy like the Catholic Church, now they need to really act like it.

People like myself, mildly educated, middle class, 1 child... we are not enough to keep them alive. They need new, impressionable, traditionally fertile converts. Retreating to Warwick to re-group, and concentrating of the foreign field, while squelching rebellion is where it's at. Their survival depends on it! Unless they really are God's Organization........

• minimus
    minimus

You have to admire all the unbalanced nuts that kept partaking in spite of what "Mother" proclaimed,.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

From Atlantis' footnote in the OP - A reference is made to Special pioneers, missionaries, traveling overseers, and Branch staff. They are a ll are members of the...

"Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses."

I did not know that such an Order existed in Watchtower.

This religion sounds more Cult-like all the time.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

a cool 184 million in operating expenses for the full time servants who work for next to nothing...interesting.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

184 million annually? The rest is dedicated to the temple!! That " order " sounds creepy... No wonder the full-timers get such a big head, they are special!!

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I put the numbers into my calculator, and left out the figure for 2008 since it strays too much from the pattern of the years following it. I did both a linear regression and and an exponential regression. The data fits the exponential regression better than the linear regression.

So if this continues this way for the next 5-10 years, the WT will have a serious problem on their hands.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    a cool 184 million in operating expenses for the full time servants who work for next to nothing...interesting.
    184 million annually? The rest is dedicated to the temple!!

Notice that it says 'Jehovah's Witnesses' spent over $184 million - it doesn't say 'Watchtower' spent.

Since Watchtower and adherants often rely on technicalities in their wording, any green handshakes provided by r&f JWs to COs, DOs, Pioneers etc, could be considered part of that $184 million+.

With regard to the 'Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servant's of Jehovah's Witnesses', it is likely difficult to determine how many Orders and subcorporations the Watchtower has created worldwide over the past few decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit