2012 Memorial Partakers--12,604!

by Atlantis 124 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...I wonder if JW's even pay attention to the numbers anymore...This prophecy used to scare me the most. I can't believe how much of a joke it is...and how I based my life off this BS. But it seriously used to scare me. I used to picture old people falling into a grave and then the world coming to an end. There gonna have to realise some more new light to justify the #'s going up.

This picture below used to scare the crap outta me.

• FrenchFreeJW
    FrenchFreeJW

Weird stat in 2012 : partaker increased while memorial attendance decreased (- 350 000 over 1 year) !

The new GB didn't stop innovating !

• Hillary
    Hillary

Hey, I was just wondering. I read something from an apologist that said part of the reason for the increase is that they have documented apostates coming to the memorial and partaking. Could that be the reason for the increase? But would they really include that person in the numbers when reporting? Also, I personally don't think that WTS is lying about the figures since the numbers are going up. Mistakes are possible though. Thoughts?

• flipper
    flipper

" They can't all be psychotic ". Uh, yeah, actually they CAN be and they ARE all psychotic. The reason the numbers have gone up as some have said is the WT Society idiotically shot themselves in the foot by opening up the sealing from 1935 forward of gathering more anointed in in an WT article about 5 years ago. It used to be they FERVENTLY declared that no new anointed would be allowed after 1935 and that the 144,000 had been sealed to completion by that year. So by opening it up again ( which they had to do because the time of the end kept going on in overlapping generations - translation : the end never will come ) they've really opened up a Pandora's Box of nutcase wannabe anointed sympathizers who feel that God has chosen them to fly around up in heaven after they die to blow trumpets , be alleged " kings " and " priests " judging whoever the hell JC tells them to judge. Pretty weird if you ask me.

It's really just an evidence within the wT Society that the lunatics are running the asylum now. Of course they always HAVE been since 1879- but it's a lot more obvious now. Which is a good thing to expose the WT leaders for what they are - nutcase business cult operators playing a scam on unsuspecting victims

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

All Christians believe they go to heaven after they die - that's understandable because that what they learn in church. Likewise it is also understandable that the vast majority of JWs believe in an earthly paradise because that's what the WTS has been teaching for decades...After the WTS stated they could no longer be sure the number of anointed was sealed in 1935 it is normal for some individual to develop an inner "feeling" they have the heavenly calling. The WTS ambiguous description of how one knows he has the heavenly calling will allow many more to become partakers especially when the hope of entering an earthly paradise become less probable for some who have waited for so long.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its becoming more and more apparent that the JW religion is a theological mess, hastened by its own created doctrines

from the past. It shouldn't really surprising since this religious organization was founded on extremely weak doctrines in the first place.

At every time the WTS. falters on a doctrine and there have been so many on a long string in its entire history,

they create a new problem by their own endeavors. For the WTS. its all about creating and withholding an image that the JW organization

is truly god's ONLY chosen earthly organization. This image is the has been strongly devised and fought for by the leaders

of the WTS. for a very long time. It was intensionally done so to cultivate interest from the general public (commercialization of literature)

as well to cultivate a semblance of power toward these individuals.

The occurring problem with the WTS. now is that these old doctrines which were established to attract attention

toward the organization are now inadvertently hurting the organization, fracturing the very purpose of which they

were originally created.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I know some aren't psychotic.

They've been reading up on
    anointedJW.org and are now
    learning about the wonderful
    good news of sonship through
    faith in Jesus Christ.

To some who don't believe in
    Jesus as the promised Messian
    this may be hard to entertain.

But for believers in Jesus Christ
    this is the message that comes
    out clearly in reading the NT
    without the prejudice of the
    WT interpretations.

It means many among the

R&F Witnesses are waking

up to the Gospel and rejecting

the nonsense of the WT teachings.

• Mary
    Mary
    Flipper said: It used to be they FERVENTLY declared that no new anointed would be allowed after 1935 and that the 144,000 had been sealed to completion by that year.

Essentially true, but they still allowed for the occassional "replacement" without too much hassle. Depending on who you were. Ted Jackass Jaracz wasn't even baptized until 1941 and he didn't start partaking until 1971. Seeing as he was alreay pretty high on the ladder by then, I doubt anyone gave him a hard time. However, if an average R&F started doing the same thing, they'd be viewed as "haughty" or "forgetting their place" or "mentally diseased".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

they'd be viewed as "haughty" or "forgetting their place" or "mentally diseased".

and is it any wonder why the GB lowered the position and status of the anointed ones within the organization ??

Brother and sister so and so, have now becomes brother and sister mentally diseased.

It gets amusing how the WTS. and its leaders deal with situations that weaken their image which they are endeavored

in portraying such as ... "God's chosen earthly organization/Kingdom"

People who identified the lies and corruption of this organization are also said to be mentally diseased

• simon17
    simon17

Hey, I was just wondering. I read something from an apologist that said part of the reason for the increase is that they have documented apostates coming to the memorial and partaking. Could that be the reason for the increase? But would they really include that person in the numbers when reporting? Also, I personally don't think that WTS is lying about the figures since the numbers are going up. Mistakes are possible though. Thoughts?

False, they do not report partakers unless they meet with the person, prayerfully discuss why they were partaking, and determine if it is legitimate or not. That means they would never count an apostate partaker. Nor would they count someone who was just old and confused, someone who was homeless off the street, or a bible study who is just a bit 'confused'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit