2012 Memorial Partakers--12,604!

by Atlantis 124 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

jwfacts - a little tip for what would make that memorial partakers graph truly awesome....

put an arrow at the point when the 2007 Questions From Readers article was published (just before the memorial that year) that effectively ditched the "1935" teaching.

Watch the numbers sky-rocket after that development!

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, that's a 6.6% increase over 2011, which itself was a 5.6% increase from 2010.

Things are truly speeding up in the "time of the end." Just the wrong things for WT "Theology":

• “Six convincing lines of evidence that we are in the last days” … "Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.” - w00 1/15, p. 13 - [Emphasis added]
    • "Over the past seven years, from 1974 to 1980 inclusive, Jehovah’s Witnesses have made steady progress. Their growth is healthy. Only as to Memorial partakers has there been a gradual decline, which is in accord with Scriptural expectations." - 1981 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, p. 31 - [Emphasis added]
  • Ding
    Ding

Reasons for the increase:

1. The doctrine of the 1935 closing of the "heavenly class" was abandoned, thereby encouraging younger JW to profess to be among the "anointed."

2. The overlapping "generation" teaching has moved the finish line for the end. (There are still people living who were born on or before 1914. Babies born before those people die are considered part of the same "generation." Some of those babies will have a lifespan exceeding 100 years, so the "1914 generation" will extend past 2114. If the number of "anointed" had kept decreasing (as it should have under WT doctrine), the "anointed remnant" would reach 0 long before the 1914 generation ends).

Or am I missing something?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have never pioneered, or been a MS or Elder. I am a born in and have quite a ways to go before I am 50. I am not allowed to run microphones or anything else. I presented a similar chart concerning last years numbers to the Elders at my KH. This factored into the C.O becoming involved and suggesting that I am a possible apostate. I can't really say if the following is true in every case.

Its just my personal opinion that the increase is coming from long time JWS who are internally wanting to get a bit more out of the whole

JWS experience. They have devoted themselves to pioneering for a long time, perhaps starting many bible studies that resulted

in bringing in more into the flock so to speak and because of this they perceive that they are duly worthy to be placed toward a higher position.

At no time in the history of the WTS./JWS has there been such a high volume of people who have been practicing JWS for more than

50 years +

I would guess that a fair number of Jw's who believe the WTBTS is the one true channel are a bit off. I don't think " secret " partakers have any of the motives listed above. To be fair I only personally know a couple, the rest I only know through the internet. Of the 2 that I personally know, one is mentally off a bit, and the other is a long time zealous, tactless, and very opinionated wife of an Elder. The friends I have met through the net are all mentally stable and have no delusions of grandeur, and absolutely no desire to rule anyone.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have always said that they have to ditch the appointment of the slave in 1919, before they can come clean over 1914 and ditch that too.

They have ditched soo many dates without a murmur from the sheeples. 1914 today stands in the R&F mind where 1874 was in 1938. They ditched that and everybody squealed with applause.

1914 is the next to go - notwithstanding the two part article on 607 - that was just damage control until they can figure out the details.

HB

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.

So what's the litmus test for a truly annointed person?

Well now that the GB has marginalized the partakers of the Jesus juice and crackers, I guess there will never be a need to determine the "truly annointed" from the mentally diseased ones. The just hop-scotched over that whole mess didn't they?

On to 2013, post announcement that the 144k club has shrunk down to 7

• Borges
    Borges

Whatever the reasons may be, it is a sign, that more and more of the witnesses feel kind of uncomfortable with their own religion and try to find a way to express their feelings beyond of what they've been told to be appropriate.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Data-dog: I presented a similar chart concerning last years numbers to the Elders at my KH. This factored into the C.O becoming involved and suggesting that I am a possible apostate.

Although the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" (aka, the Governing Body) provides this "spiritual food" for your alleged sustenance, you are NOT supposed to think about what any of it actually means!

Bad dog, bad dog. Go sit in the corner!

00DAD

• james_woods
    james_woods

This is my analysis: If this trend continues, one of two things is likely:

1) They will change the interpretation of the Revelation verses and say that the 144,000 is NOT a literal number. Then, everybody could partake and the problem would be solved.

2) They will stop reporting the number of partakers worldwide. Then, everybody could partake and the problem (while still remaining) would no longer be documented in their own literature.

I do not see any sign that this trend will NOT continue. It is INCREASING, not trailing off.

Let's face it: Publishers grew in the U.S. - what, a measly 0.9%?

While the number of partakers grew - what, probably SEVEN per cent?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Question: If the eating of blood is literally detestable to Jehovah, why should the anointed consume it in a figurative sense ???

Another Question: Would'nt a dog that literally returns to his vomit be just as detestable in a figurative sense ???

Jus' askin' , This is not a trick question. Feel free to help Ole Wuz out, I'm truly at a loss

anyway BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit