"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I’m not so sure “arms” was narrowly used to mean “musket” by framers of the United States Constitution. Though modern technology has significantly improved firearm technology, back in the 18 th century the average person had access to some pretty devastating arms that are not used the same way today because of safer technology.

On the other hand, I see no reason whatsoever for civilians to have access to fully automatic firearms.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• minimus
    minimus

but I do like the women's id thingy too. I am starting to embrace your views!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    When was the last time you were face to face with a wild animal large enough to hurt you?....TD

For me it`s a regular occurrence..

LOL!!

Big Cats & Wolves are the worst..

Bull moose in mating season are no fun either..

Bears just crap in the yard..

I think they do it to annoy me..

.............................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

In regards to guns and penises, it's nice to have something go off in your hand besides your penis every once in a while.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We do have to worry about big animals here. Here's a story of a local man who survived a bear attack. His father's walking stick turned out to be more effective than the gun. Sadly, this young man died of a heart attack a few years later. His father is still kicking, though.

I would carry bear bells and bear spray.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    "Right to bear arms" should mean ...

Wear a short-sleeved shirt in field service.

Rub a Dub

• cantleave
  • TD
    TD

Simon,

Bears have always run from me too. I've seen black bears dozens of times while hiking. Occasionally though, they're wounded by a hunter and become extremely dangerous.

I shot a coatimundi once that turned out to be rabid and was actually attacked by a pack of feral dogs on the San Carlos reservation.

The real reason I asked though is because there was an urban coyote in my driveway this morning. Urban coyotes are bigger than their wild cousins. They're big enough to be mistaken for wolves. Only the strongest, most aggressive domestic dogs can even begin to stand up to one. I don't think one would attack a grown man, but I doubt if a small child would be safe.

• dazed but not confused
  • zeb
    zeb

brothers should not bare arms as it turns the sisters on. That is why microphone carriers have to wear jackets in summer I guess.

On firearms.

Britain banned all hand guns after the Dunblane massacre of children. The firearm crime rate in the UK now is worse than at any time ever.

Australias former Prime Minister Howard pulled over $500,000 out of Medicare in 1996 to pay for gun "BUY-BACKS" and there are now more firearms in Australia than ever. With the money refunded Australians then went and bought replacement rifles. There are apx 10,000 lisenced firearms in my region and they are not a problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit