CO Disfellowshipped in UK

by konceptual99 142 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

turnbull was d/f for getting involved with another woman--simple as that. (mea culpa on that score ). my inlaws knew him and his wife quite well, they were the kind that used to suck up to the elite.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Wow many remember Turnbull talk about turning back time and bringing back memories and why is it some of these guys had a hold on the rank and and file could it be they are good at what they do .

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Hi Edmond - or should I say Count?

D Turner was our DO in the 60's. Charismatic - yes indeed. However, he was quite vain. He once gave a circuit talk in a local cinema. They had those old lime-lites still that they used to shine on the ice-cream girls during the interval. He had those on him for a full hour and sweated so prufusely it was embarrassing.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Can we get a name? I might know him. There was one CO I knew in particular who was perfect material to wake up in the future. He had subscriptions to New Scientist and National Geographic - a thinking person. Please PM me if you find out who it is.
    cedars

Scott77

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Tim,

Yes I saw him in a book shop one time probably doing some research.

There used to be another charismatic overseer DO or Co can't remember which I think he was originally from Germany he had a slight accent and he gave a talk at our hall I remember him saying " there are many in here who will not make it through Armageddon because they are not putting enough time in going from door" this made a lot of people shuffle about in their chairs which I can laugh about now. That statement of his set more doubts in my mind I kept asking myself by what authority can he say this . It was more like a company sales pep talk .

Wish I could remember his name his wife was tall very slim and well dressed and serious with it. It was considered a great honour and privilege if they stayed in your house while they were in the area. Wish I could remember his name.

Best wishes,

Edmond AKA The Count.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Maybe he was disfellowshipped because of what ziddina suggested he would do and already did: started drinking heavily, turned to drugs and committed acts of sexual immorality. Really, I hate to specualte on that. It makes me feel just like the witlesses who just repeat gossip about some disfellowhipped person. I was a victim of that type of gossip even though I had not been disfellowshipped. Come to think of it, I probably agreed with and abeted some opinions about someone who was disfellowshipped without having all the information. Stupid me." Etude, page - uh, 3??

Anyhooo....

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!

GUYS!!

I suggested that as ironic humor!!! It's typical of ALL disfellowhippings - well, of the Rank&File, at least - that the special "talk" given after the disfellowshipment OR disassociation tends to "SUGGEST" something lascivious...

ESPECIALLY if the person leaves due to finding out the TRUTH about "The Truth ™ ".

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hey Big Mac,

I mean metaphorically, they hand over their lives to the org. Their car, housing, clothing, crappy spending allowance, food.. it is all provided by the org in very, very limited ways. They get first call on the donated clothes at bethel, so if they look good... it was donated, or maybe they bought it before etc.

I knew a CO that wore a football T shirt on a night out and got into trouble. They really are 'owned' ass n all by the borg.

Edit : He joked with me on the ministry the next day that he couldnt afford a football T shirt now... (sorry that was part of the point I was making)

• bigmac
    bigmac

this is only my opinion:

the circuit servants--as we called them then--seemed very smart types--and i dont mean well dressed. they may have put in a few years working for peanuts--but they all had a lot of family wonga to fall back on.

then there was that district servant--ron drage--had an american wife. what a poseur he was--i remember him giving an assembly talk in a dinner suit--black bow tie job.

i knew personally one even higher up the ranks who gave it all up to come to the i o wight to take care of his wifes elderly mother. he bought a small hotel to live off. his parents had an enormous place.

• St George of England
    St George of England

remember him giving an assembly talk in a dinner suit--black bow tie job.

Ron Drage ALWAYS wore a bow tie, it was his trade mark.

George

• St George of England
    St George of England
    turnbull was d/f for getting involved with another woman--simple as that. (mea culpa on that score ). my inlaws knew him and his wife quite well, they were the kind that used to suck up to the elite.

..and the woman he got involved with was the elite of the elite, she and her husband.

Interesting that word 'elite', it contains their name!!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit