CO Disfellowshipped in UK

by konceptual99 142 Replies latest jw friends

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

We had a single CO when I was pretty young that I know left the org and became a born-again Christian in the US. Last name Cole. Anyone ever hear of him?

NR

• Scott77
    Scott77

Mr. Cedars must track this CO and bring him here or refers him to JWN. He is a big fish for us. He might disclose more insight dealing that might be helpful.

Scott77

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

keep us updated folks, I might know him.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm wondering if I know him too. If you have any idea of the name please let us know.

How many COs would there be for the greater London area?

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

What, if it turned out, that he's got "brain cells" (in contrast with the claims of some erudite posters)? Banish the thought!

Could it have been something more exulting than getting into some woman's pants?

And what if he actually did get into some woman's pants? Would that not make him a mere human with a mortal bend?

The more I read this board, the more I believe many here fool themselves about moving to a higher course after leaving the WT. Truth is, they never left the rumour-mongering and condemn-before-you-know attitude behind.

And to imagine that we have here a collection of the "cream"!

pc

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's a forum not a church, princecharmant. It is populated by people of all extremes of our exodus.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

why assume he got naughty with a female?....just sayin'

oz

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

He has nothing left if the Society was his only way of "support", if he is a younger "30 something" he has plenty of time to regroup and find a job. You don't get your position back once you committ adultry in a position like his.

Fundamental Christians usually don't trust ministers who committ adultry, I often hear them say "If a man cannot be loyal to his wife, there is no possible way he will be loyal to the Church." Preacher goes on to say "The by-laws of our Organization do not permit this type of man to remain as preacher nor will we give him another church-congregation to oversea. He has betrayed everyone by his actions".

That's pretty ruff stuff coming from Fundamental Christians, their women don't like cheaters and often they sit on the "board of directors" "church board" and decline people with "questionable pasts". I thought it was only JWs who ban anyone for life from "elder" for adultry, not Christendom!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea, Aussie Oz, may have been a donkey, not many of them in North London though, plenty of "dogs".

Let us know when a name is 100% certain, by P.M if preferred.

Rumours as to why he was DF'd achieve nothing, but the likelihood is that the musings above are more in the realm of possible than is him truly waking up and joining us, though he may progress upward 9from the pits of WT world) to being with us in the future.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

There was a DO in the UK who was DF'd back in the 60's or 70's. Name of Turnbull.

As I recall he'd legged it with a lady. They confessed what they'd done and admitted that they knew they would be DF'd but decided to carry on and eventually hope to be re-instated.

The JC gave them a minimum of 10 years before any application would be heard. Don't know if that's what happened though.

Last I heard he was back in and oop North.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit