worn out ministerial servant!

by El_Guapo 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome El_Guapo!

Good advice here. Remember, don't go into too much detail or say too much, and always say you have "taken it to Jehovah in prayer." Elders usually leave that alone. Use your health as a reason and stick by it. They don't need to know anything else.

Wish you the best.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

We are not the people who gave up, we are the people that opened up.

Snare - Love that!

El Guapo - Welcome! I'm sorry you're getting hammered. You've been an MS for 10 years and haven't made elder yet? They're using you, my friend. You're working yourself into an early grave for nothing.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I REALLY appreciate the advise, seriously. Regarding the 10 yrs of service and why I'm not an elder, I have been told I was too young. I was 20 when apointed and now just had my 30th birthday. I was drawing up my battleplan last night, when I get a call from a friend who is also an M.S. (older, though) he said that he messed up and will be anounced that he is no longer one of J.W.'s at tommorrow's meeting. He said "the BOE is going to really need you know, keep up the hard work!" LOL REALLY! He didn't state what happend but I know for a fact that his wife has been staying with her parents for about two weeks. Back to the point, I understand I have to "stick to my guns" now more than ever the elders will be pressuring me to NOT step down, but I have to stand my ground. I really like the "broken record" tactic using my ailement as an out.

***I know it's werid to say this but I've received more help on this board during the past couple days than the last 10 years as an M.S.***

• 00DAD
    00DAD

EG: ***I know it's werid to say this but I've received more help on this board during the past couple days than the last 10 years as an M.S.***

There's a reason: It's a cult!

Out here in the real world we're all ... REAL!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"He said "the BOE is going to really need you now, keep up the hard work!" LOL REALLY!....I understand I have to "stick to my guns" now more than ever the elders will be pressuring me to NOT step down, but I have to stand my ground."

Indeed, they'll probably really try to coerce you to stay on with promises that they will lighten your load and/or they wanted to appoint you as an elder. I'd suggest that you resurrect this line...

" The elder said "trust in Jah""

Now you can tell the BoE that THEY need to "trust in Jah" and he will provide the help they need from those younger and in better health than you. If THEY rely on Jehovah, he will be able to support HIS congregation, won't he? If they try to turn it back on you that you need to "trust in Jah," remind them that you don't want to "put Jehovah to the test." Your doctor has warned you that you need to take better care of yourself. What good are you to the congregation if your health deteriorates? "A live dog is better than a dead lion." Jehovah is supposed to be the sovereign of the universe, he doesn't need your help, you need his help.

And by all means, the "broken record" sounds like a gold record to me.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Welcome El Guapo!! I say follow the advice given! Use your health issue to your advantage! Plus you really do need to take care of yourself. What if the end doesn't come for 20 years?! Where will you be?! They will use you up and spit you out. All that matters is what you have done for them lately. I challenged our Elder body about an extra-biblical rule we have. In my area you must get a certain hourly requirement every month for a year to be recommended as a servant. Not an average number, a literal number. So if you get 10hrs, 14, 6, 8, 15, 30, 6... you get the idea, they do not care. In my meetings " apostasy " was thrown around, why, because I stated that the GB are not infallible and showed quotes from the WT proving it. They are crazy.

Anyway, they only care about visible works. If you helped all the orphans and widows in your area and only got 8hrs a month in service they would not care. They ONLY care about stats and " powerful works " like 1.6 billion hours spent preaching!! They are getting crazier and more controlling with each passing year.

Sorry for rambling brother. Welcome and keep learning the TTATT. Keep reading the bible, stop reading the WTBTS publications except for confirming their doctrine. Make sure you use a good concordance and different translations. Peace be with you.

DD

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey El Guapo,

I am also a fairly new poster. Welcome to the board.

Just a couple thoughts since I was an MS for about as long, and we are around the same age.

1) Not feeling the "love" is kind of tricky as a reason for leaving. The personal experience motive can be hard to make universal. I for example, was in a very loving a kind congregation at one point with some of the best, brightest, and most humble elders you could ever know! I have a friend who is a CO and he is one of the greatest guys I've ever met. Unfortunately, none of that matters, because there are douchbags too. We have the same ratios everyone else does in this regard. If I left because the hall I was in was unloving, would it make sense to go back if the hall I moved to was? It has to be about more than they way you are treated and your own perceptions. Just something to think about.

2) If you would like to, wait until the CO comes around and tell him directly, that your health does not allow you to continue, and your attempting to do it all, is getting you down and causeing you "mental anguish". These are hot button words that they don't want to mess with. They will grant you a leave immediately. You can start with the elders too if you like. You seem to be a little intimidated by them perhaps? That is normal, but it will pass. You are ahuman being, and serve because you want to. If you don't want to, it really doesn't matter to anyone but you. offering them any explanation at all is already doing more than is expected in any parallel scenario.

3) I personally don't like to throw around the cult word, but at best this is a high control group. You have to be aware of the control, why its there, and think about how you would handle similar situations in life if they were not related to your religion. Even your job understands or at least excepts your limitations. As far as being an elder, does it really matter? Do you really WANT to be an elder? I realize it about being recognized and it is only natural as humans and as men to want to "make progress" wether its in a career or moving up the congregational ladder.......but is it really what you want?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey u stole my old name

• DATA-DOG
  • moshe
    moshe

Turn the tables on them- become a needy JW and start asking for personal help. Welcome to the Simon's place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit