worn out ministerial servant!

by El_Guapo 119 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

EG: About 8:00 pm, I get a text from an elder: brother, please read Hebrews 10:25 (Meetings are important) -miss ya bud. I've read that text a thousand time, not sure how to respond.

Tell them to look up the scriptural cross references and think about how they do or do not relate to the way JWs apply them.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome El_Guapo! I just saw this thread and wanted to jump in and say hello. Sounds like you handled the stepping aside thing really well. Just remmeber the advice you've been given. I remember the lightened load offer as well. And the 2 elder grill session. I made it through without raising suspicions and just slowly faded into the night.

Best of luck El_Guapo! Remember there are a plethora of things to do with your time once you're out.

• flipper
    flipper

Bump up the Guapo thread ! Right on, another newbie even though it's been a month. A good thread duly bumped up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

So the elders, have been hounding me non-stop, now.

Calling or texing me at least once a day. I have read that it's best not to explain doubts to them, but I'm not sure how to shake them. I've told them it's between Jehovah and me and my diabetes has been acting up. I don't want to be rude about it, but they knocked on my door both Saturday and Sunday. (I didn't open the door) but man, these guys aren't getting the hint.

On Sunday, they left a note that said they will be coming with C.O. next week (please call us to let us know when is a good time to visit)

I know someone might say, just tell them off! But ALL of my fam is in the Org, I'm looking for a peaceful (If possibe) way to get my point across that I want to be left alone.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Avoid the CO at all costs.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

The reason why the CO is coming, we have the cong. visit (Not sure if I made it clear in my last post)

Thanks for the heads up, cantleave

• sir82
    sir82
    I'm not sure how to shake them.

Just smile and say "Thank you for your concern, I'll let you know when I'm able to talk to you."

Over and over again, no matter what they say or ask - just the same words over and over again, with a little smile on your face.

It'll drive them nuts and eventually they will back off.

As noted above, avoid the CO at all costs. Make sure you are not at home between 1:00 and 5:00 PM which is when the CO is slotted to make "shepherding calls".

You don't have to worry after 5:00 PM - I've never encountered a CO who was willing to step out of their routine.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I work till 6:30pm, and it's just my wife and I.

She's been really supportive, she doesn't agree with my fade but said "that's your deal" and has not bugged me about it.

She asked what to do if the elders wanted to talk to her, I said to tell them to talk to MISTER El Guapo, they have to respect my headship.

She said that she been asked "What's my deal" and she's told them that I was going to some tough times. They answered "we've been trying to get in touch with him, but he refused to talk to us Why is that, sister???"

What's going on with your hubby????

• sir82
    sir82

She should just say, as above, over and over again each time, "you'll just have to talk to him about it." Throw in a little shrug & smile each time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, the broken record technique.

How about a note from your doctor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit