worn out ministerial servant!

by El_Guapo 119 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

So I talked to an elder on Friday night. He refused to accept my resignation. He said that they will lighten my load, but he wouldn't "remove" me. I told him that under prayer my decision had been made, he said that a couple of elders will talk to me about it, but not to give up. I missed the meeting on Sunday, no phone call no text nothing. Not sure when they want to meet, but you guys called it. "He really wasn't having it, didn't want to accept my resignation" So we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I'm kinda nervous about meeting with the bros. when I get nervous I tend to "over explain things" LOL So this will be tough.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

He refused to accept my resignation.

You are a volunteer. You informed them you won't be there for your "assignments."

It is not your job to teach them what words mean.

Get busy living. Let them sort out their own confusion.

00DAD

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Just try to keep your statements succint, firm and cold, when you talk to them in that private meeting stare directly into their eyes at times. This tends to make them nervous (at least it did with one of the brothers I met with) and it shows your steely resolve that your not gonna get pushed around. It sounds like you're really gonna need to use that broken record technique too. Best of luck to you.

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Hello and welcome El_Guapo,

I totally understand your feeling tired and worn out. I served as a MS for 9 years too until I finally just formally resigned and disassociated myself. Even then, after spilling all my real beliefs and "apostate" feelings, they (elders) were surprisingly trying to convince me to stay and just take some time to think about it. Some of the elders even cried when I had my finally meeting with them. Some of them honestly do care.

So in your case its either one of two things. Either the elders have a big work load and they can't afford to lose another worker or they really do care about you and don't want you to leave what they consider to be a "special privelege". Either way be friendly but firm at the same time. Thats what I did.

PVT81

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I went throught the same thing. I was missing meetings due to my work schedule and travel. I talked to one elder and told him I no longer felt that I had an examplary conduct in meeting attendance and that I was no longer taking the lead in field service. He said that they would lighten my load, be patient with me and that in 6 months we could review the situation. I told him I didn't expect my work situation to change anytime soon and that he needed to listen to what I was telling him. The pressure of not living up to the standards established for MS was causing me undue stress that I could no longer deal with. I insisted he needed to listen to me...and that did it. I was scheduled to give a public talk at another congregation the following Sunday and I said that I could not do it, so the brother offered to fill in for me. A few months later I totally stopped attending meetings and I did not receive a single call or text...More than a year later 2 elders showed up at my door unanounced and I told them I knew where to contact them if I felt the need and that they should leave me alone. My wife is still active and I believe the day will come when they are going to insist talking with me...but I don't worry about it and I will deal with it then.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Stick to the same advise. In the sheperd the flock book, it says 2 brothers must meet with someone who wants to step down. So just stick to your story, let them comfort you, and then say you would still like to come off.

Let them talk.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Yeah, I download the sheparding book. I knew what he was going to advise, before he did it. The elder I spoke with is a nice guy, but he ALWAYS complains about the work load. When I gone out to Field Service with him, he tells me that he can't wait for me to get appointed as elder so I can take over the school. (too much work) He has even told me about who might come back to the BORG (Df'ed peeps that are making strides) I know a couple elders care about me personally, but with the majority it's WORK, WORK, WORK.

• snakeface
    snakeface

If you make up an excuse such as masturbation or some other sin, they will try to help you overcome it. (That's their duty as elders.) They'll expect you to overcome it even after you step down; they'll be asking you about your "progress". When I was reaching out I've had individual elders ask me if I masturbated or not. I remember at least one asking if I was circumcised or not.

But if you use your health condition as the reason, there is nothing they can do about that.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I'm telling you man. I know someone in the writing dept. If you say it is a matter of physical health, and (this is very important), it is STARTING TO EFFECT YOU MENTALY, it is a done deal from the CO's perspective.

Happy hunting. Your prayer in FS thread made me sick to my stomach.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Update: So I haven't gone to a meeting in about 3 weeks. (no calls or visits from Elders) nothing. I did receive a text this morning saying: Bro, you had part last night! We covered for you. See you Sunday (you're chairman) This text is from a fellow M.S.

The Borg doesn't cease to amaze me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit