worn out ministerial servant!

by El_Guapo 119 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

EG, Thanks for the update.

Nice, no "Hi!" or "How are you?" just a dig that you failed to fulfull some assignment.

You could be dead in a ditch for all they know.

Don't ya' just feel the love?

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Thing to remember is these are not "privileges" it is are unpaid volunteer work.

In the near future elders and MS will start to realize that being in these positions

can make them legally liable as more and more lawsuits go against the Borg .

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes, your reward for volunteering is that we'll let you do MORE volunteering!

Yeah!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi El_Guapo and welcome, I hope that you are busy making new non-JW friends, because it appears like you will be losing JW friends and family rather quickly if you keep missing meetings. By the way how is your diabetes? I would never recommend lying, but it wouldn't be lying to say that you have diabetes and are having very serious health concerns (such as can't see going to meetings).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I'm doing well with the diabets, portion control, couting carbs and on day 3 of Insanity. MAN, I am in pain.

So I missed the meeting yesterday, (watched 2 great NFL games)

About 8:00 pm, I get a text from an elder: brother, please read Hebrews 10:25 (Meetings are important) -miss ya bud.

I've read that text a thousand time, not sure how to respond.

Any ideas.......

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

text the idiot back a tell him you have a norovirus that has been going around and it's laid me low for a while , or do you suggest I drag myself to the KH and infect a large amount of the cong shit for brains!

• sir82
    sir82

How to respond depends on what your goal is.

Do you want to get DF'ed in a blaze of glory? That would indicate one type of response

Do you want to slowly fade, in hopes of maintaining ties with family? That would require a different type of response.

Still undecided? Buy yourself some time, and reply that you've been dealing with "some issues" (never get more specific than that), and that when you are ready to talk you'll let him know. Reassure him that you haven't done anything that would require a judicial committee.

That is the perfect answer for buying time - he knows you've done nothing "too" wrong, but you don't want to be bothered just yet. One less chore for him to worry about.

The fact that you are a MS complicates matters somewhat though. You'll need a plan very soon, or the heat will be turned up, no later than the next visit of the CO.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Text back: Hebrews 10:25 (Meetings are important) => yea, so is my health bud!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Deuteronomy 24:5, Leviticus 5:7, Genesis 2:3

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Here's a way to buy some time, "I couldn't make it. I hope you had a good time. Did Sister X come in late?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit