FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

You know I have never read 1984 - I must put that right, thanks.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

If you want a short cut just look for a glossary on line. Try the terms "doublespeak, blackwhite or unperson". I guarantee your hair will stand on end.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Slidin - You didn't hi jack the thread. ''Faith'' is a very real issue here. As for going 'out of the truth(TM)' for asking questions....I am projectile vomiting!!

Entirely Possible -

caught in a logical loop.

Agreed. I saw enough of those when I was in the bOrg.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LOL there's even a bloke in it called 'Brother Rutherford'.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Bloody hell punk, I had forgoten that. Now I will definitely read that and Animal Farm again. Classic propoganda innoculation reading.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The 1984 film with John Hurt was accurate to the novel and just as depressing. I saw watchtower and blind faith all over it.

Faith in me or die!

Sounds like god to me!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My oldest son had to read 1984 in his senior year of high school. He found it equally depressing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Moshe

Me, too. It was along the same lines, for me. This isn't of a scientific nature, though. In science, it needs to be dragged into the lab and be repeatable and falsifiable. Can't do that w personal spiritual type experiences.

S

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Can't do that w personal spiritual type experiences.

Why not?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hard to repeat. Anyhow, except for the brainwave pattern, alpha, beta or delta, or whatever, it wouldn't show on any gauges. The only 'proof' science would get is the brainwave, which means the state of mind when it happened. In moshe's experience, his brain was in sleep state.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit