FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep lol i figured that but i dont see what that reason is.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Invisible particles.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ohh that make sense, why didnt i think of that? lol

• caliber
    caliber

The universe is not fine tuned for life. If it were, I suspect that more than one of the hundreds of rocky masses in our solar system alone would have life on it. Less than 1% success rate does not equal "fine tuned

~~~ EP

If the makings of the masses of the universe were not' fine tuned" there would be 100% nothing for life here on earth.

How are we to know that all forms life in an ideal world were meant to exist forever ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

The hole in my garden is fine tuned for the puddle that is sitting in it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The hole in my garden is fine tuned for the puddle that is sitting in it.

So are you saying that if that hole was just .01% bigger or smaller, there would be NO puddle at all?

• cantleave
    cantleave

The puddle would be different Psac!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Might be worth you reading "T he Fallacy of Fine-tuning" by Victor Stenger

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The puddle would be different Psac!

But still a puddle, right?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Psac yes still a puddle. But that puddle would be different. It is the same if you change the parameters of the universe. Using one of Stengers analogies - think of baking a cake. Arbitrarily doubling only the flour, or sugar or vanilla essence may end in a cooking disaster, but doubling all the ingredients results in a perfectly tasty cake.

The interrelationships between the laws of physics are somewhat more complicated, but the idea is the same.

A hypothetical universe in which gravity was stronger, the masses of the fundamental particles smaller and electomagnetic force weaker may well result in the following: a universe that appears a little different to our own, but is still capable of producing long-lived stars and heavy chemical elements, the basic requirements for complex life.

Stenger backs up such points with his own research, and provides access to a web-based program he wrote called Monkey God.

The program allows you to conjure up universes with differing underlying physics. And, as Stenger shows, randomly plucking universe parameters from thin air can still produce universes quite capable of harbouring life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit