FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

i ask another person here who was talking athiest a question which he would not answer,but do you feel guilt about anything? why?

Yes, you did, as part of an agreement you didn't keep. Please don't attempt to sling mud about me on another thread. It's rude and it's not true.

• cofty
    cofty

Slidin Fast - I think you have that exactly right.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thanks Cofty, I was discussing matters with my very elderly but sharp mother the other day and she ended up saying that you need faith. That was her last bulwark. I didn't push it any further, can you imagine having to face the fact that 65 years of your life have been wasted? That when you are so old you have no where else to go? When we talk she agrees with every point individually but cannot take the implications of seeing the whole picture.

I am not going to force it any further, she is nearly 100 years old, all I can see is the tragedy of a wasted life.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep i never mentioned ur name and i did answer your question the best i could. i am not slinging mud

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

ep i never mentioned ur name and i did answer your question the best i could. i am not slinging mud

No, you didn't. Nonetheless you were describing the other thread. Apparently your best answer falls short. Accusing me of failing to answer when you, in fact, are the one who failed and I simply kept the word of an agreement is slinging mud. Please do not do it again.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Slidin -

she ended up saying that you need faith.

I am so sorry, I feel sad for her.

Faith is just a massive get out clause to bridge the gap to belief.

I wanna believe in pink unicorns so I invent faith. There. Problem solved. Pink unicorns exist without evidence needed.

• cofty
    cofty

unstop - what's your thoughts on the last few posts about evolution?

Slidin Fast - I agree. I think there comes a point where elderly parents are better left in blissful ignorance.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I don't think anyone can PROVE God exists but then I don't think anyone can prove he doesn't either.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

there are all sorts of things I can think of for which their existence cannot be confirmed either way. Should we have faith in all of them?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

slidin fast: in a sense yes but not completly i believe as romans 8:7,8 says that the fleshly person is hostile at god and it can't submit to gods law. i believe people get faith from god to truly trust in him,if you look at pauls road to damcuss trip god had to show him he was not worshiping correctly. i believe as jesus said no one come unless they are drawn. how good draw a person my be different with everyone. but if you really want the truth you will find it.(general statement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit