FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty : i rewrote it bud sorry

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks mrs jones, as you can see my grammer sucks, im pretty good at math, but that doesn't help here.

• cofty
    cofty

Ok thanks - Here is the difference..

Scientist know some things for a certainty - evolution for example.

Other things they humbly admit they don't know yet but they have some hypothesis they are working on - what was before the big bang for example.

You have admitted knowing nothing at all about evolution but you have decided you don't believe it anyway.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i did not say i know nothing i said i have not read a book since high school.im not a blind follower bro.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Any book or a book on evolution? And how long ago was high school?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrs jones lol on evolution , i grad in 2002 .

• cofty
    cofty

unstop - I studied Latin in High School. I don't remember a single thing about it.

Science is really complex. If you are seriously interested in understanding evolution you are going to have to make an effort.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Got it.

• Pterist
    Pterist

A skeptic or atheist is governed by two main principles: 1) all beliefs must be supported by observational evidence , and 2) beliefs that contradict observational evidence cannot be tolerated. However, strong atheism states that there is no god, even though observational evidence indicates that the universe has a cause that cannot be detected observationally. So despite the lack of observational evidence for a naturalistic cause for the universe, the strong atheist believes that the universe has a naturalistic cause and that there is no god, contradicting the tenet that all beliefs should be based upon observational evidence .
    So essentially, their entire atheist doctrine is steeped in the fact that one cannot prove God...yet, they are unable to prove there is no God. So a Christian is labeled an 'ignorant believer', while the accuser is so much more ignorant they fail to realize that their atheism is also steeped in an non-provable belief, that in turn makes them EXACTLY the same as the person they point a finger at. It is like "heads" calling "tails" wrong...without recognizing they are 2 sides of the same coin!

• jgnat
    jgnat

[edited because I can] A skeptic or atheist is governed by two main principles: 1) all beliefs must be supported by observational evidence , and 2) beliefs that contradict observational evidence cannot be tolerated. However, strong atheism states that there is no god, even though observational evidence indicates that the universe has a cause[start] that cannot be detected observationally. So despite the lack of observational evidence for a naturalistic cause for the universe, the strong atheist believes that the universe has a naturalistic cause and that there is no god, contradicting the tenet that all beliefs should be based upon observational evidence . [based on occam's razor. The simplest explanation is most likely true. All can be explained without the existence of God.]
    So essentially, their entire atheist doctrine...[principles]...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit