FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

By use of the scientific method, there is no proof of God.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I wasn't saying there was....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

An interesting piece of media evolution (from Wikipedia):
    This nickname for the Higgs boson is usually attributed to Leon Lederman, but it is actually the result of Lederman's publisher's censoring. Originally Lederman intended to call it "the goddamn particle", because of its elusiveness.
  • Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks to the Hubble telescope, it has been concluded that our universe had a beginning. It is called "The Big Bang"

Both theists and atheists are now left with no evidence to point to, has to what caused this "Big Bang".

Both must take a leap of "faith"

theists: it had a source, a first cause, a designer....

atheists: it just happened. but one of the fundamental principles of atheism is that evidence must be available to point to, to draw conclusion.....Where is the evidence of nothing ?

we all take a leap of faith in this regard.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Thanks to the Hubble telescope, it has been concluded that our universe had a beginning. It is called "The Big Bang"

The above statement is incorrect.

Both theists and atheists are now left with no evidence to point to, has to what caused this "Big Bang".

Also incorrect.

Both must take a leap of "faith"

Also incorrect.

atheists: it just happened.

Also incorrect.

but one of the fundamental principles of atheism is that evidence must be available to point to, to draw conclusion

Also incorrect.

.....Where is the evidence of nothing?

Which nothing?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There is evidence that shows the universe is expanding and, since we have been able to track it, always has been.

That has lead to the "big bang theory" that this universe and all we know of it ( time, space, matter, etc) had a starting point ( because the universe as it is expanding is also in a rate of "decay").

Some postulate a "cosmic singularity" that, for some reason, started to expand in an "explosion of life causing energy".

Some go with the "multiple universe" hypothesis ( that this universe is only one of unknow countless universes).

We do NOT know IF our universe has a beginning "ex nihlo" (from nothing) or if it expanded from an already existing universe.

We know it is expanding and decaying and that leads many scientist to believe that it had a beginning and will have an end.

• cofty
    cofty

Pterist - One difference between the scientific method and religious faith is that scientists are humble enough to say "we don't know yet".

Religious fundies assert they know things without any basis for doing so.

We know for a certainty that every living thing on the planet evolved from a common ancestor over millions of years. This much is beyond sensible dispute.

We have some very promising hypotheses about how life emerged from non-living chemicals - forget about organic soup by the way.

What was before the big bang is still a mystery. So what?

Science is in its infancy and look at the astonishing things it has achieved. Religion has had thousands of years and it has achieved what exactly?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty wow everytime i say i dont know something im uneducated and when a scientist say something they dont know there humble. wow

• cofty
    cofty

unstop I don't follow that sorry what do you mean?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

there

they're

their

just saying

I should add my hubby does this too. I proofread his letters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit