FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Very well put Terry.

To use the same love analogy, notice that when you are seeking and looking for love, for that "right one" you never find it?

Yet, when you "give up" looking all of a sudden, there she/he is.

• cofty
    cofty

cofty how was ur study of book of mormon?

I am very familiar with the teachings of the LDS. Its utter bullshit. Why do you ask?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty ,i agree oblivously, but have you read the whole book of mormon?

• cofty
    cofty

have you read the whole book of mormon?

No why do you ask?

• Giordano
    Giordano

There is no proof that a designer god like Jehovah exists. On the contrary there is evidence that one can see and study that he doesn't exist. I'd say this screwed up earth but that's too small let's look at the screwed up universe. The problem is simple. If god exists he's built a death trap of a universe.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19117_7-horrible-ways-universe-can-destroy-us-without-warning.html

"Whenever new technology enters the game, new data enters the equation, and we have to revise our appropriate terror levels for it. For instance, the new Pan-STARRS telescope system has, within the past five months alone, found no less than 19 completely unknown asteroids that pose a potential danger to Earth. And these have been buzzing around a mere 7.5 million kilometers away. Universally speaking, that's not on our doorstep -- that's right in our goddamn living room....

An average hypervelocity star moves at a staggering 1.6 million kilometers an hour. So while there might not be any hypervelocity stars with trajectories directly threatening Earth that we know of, one could come hauling ass up into our business in a cosmic heartbeat. Plus, the aforementioned 16 are just those that humanity has found and is able to monitor. You know how many are estimated to be bouncing playfully around our galaxy alone? At least a thousand.

It's not just stars that take apocalyptic joyrides randomly throughout the universe. Science has found out that black holes can move about at terrible velocities, too.

Another phenomenon is called galactic cannibalism, and that's one of those rare scientific names that is as plainly accurate as it is bowel-seizingly terrifying. Basically, smaller galaxies succumb to the gravity of a bigger one and are slowly absorbed into it, thus adding to its mass and making it even larger, so it can eat more galaxies. It's a dog-eat-dog universe out there. Hell, even our own Milky Way is known to indulge in this behavior every once in a while.

One of the bigger galaxies that's heavily into eating its kin is Andromeda. Our closest neighbor."

So a creator caused all of this? Is the watch maker demented?

In my opinion being a nonbeliever is a sane position to take when one knows more about 'gods' creation.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: this is why,youcalled the mormons belief utter bull%$#$ and yet you have not read the book, you may have talked to some ,but not studyed it deep enough. my point is you did with mormon what i did with evolution. you reason it is crap because of what you know they believe, i do the same with mormons catholics and evolution. i hope you understand what im saying.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have lost track of how many books I've read in my life. A few a week, some fluff, others weighty. I can count on one hand the ones I put down after a few chapters. Those books had one thing in common. They warned me that there would be opposition by family and friends to the earth-shaking news offered by the author, and I had to be prepared to resist them.

Bah.

Rubbish.

I was given a Book of Mormon once. It's hard to describe the texture of the writing. As if a man were sitting in a room...composing the darn thing, and trying to sound ancient at the same time. It did not have the sound of a translation at all.

• cofty
    cofty

you did with mormon what i did with evolution.

No I didn't, there is no comparison at all.

The Mormons make extraordinary claims and offer not a single shred of evidence to support them. The onus is on them to provide proof. If they ever do I will look at it objectively. Until then why should I waste time studying a fantasy?

Science has provided mountains and mountains of incontrovertible evidence that humans evolved. You refuse to consider it seriously because it will conflict with your creation myth.

• jgnat
    jgnat

unstopable, I think you would benefit from learning more about evolution.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well of course mormon is wackey, but cofty you view mormon as not giving eviedance but you have not read and studyed it as much as believing mormon. how do you know that what you have not studied has proof. i will say this they are nice people but they have a bad gospel. but i guess according to athiest my gospel is bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit