If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I do believe in God. I don't necessarily blame God for what people do. I say necessarily because at times I get pretty righteously indignant myself. Still, humankind has to answer for their own inhumanity to humankind. As for the animal kingdom and natural catastrophes, I accept that there are some things we don't know the answers to as to all of the whys.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The things that I get righteously indignant about are more about fairness. But I know there is an explanation for everything that happens, we just aren't privy to all explanations.

• xchange
    xchange

Why don't people stop themselves from raping people? Why don't you stop them?

Because we don't have superpowers like this god of yours.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You don't need super powers, kind sir. Teach your sons that it is NOT okay to rape. And sometimes it is women or teenaged girls who "rape." Teach them, too.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Or am I missing something?

Yep, you are missing something. First, the Lord will appear in our day, but just when remains a mystery. The scriptures speak of our day, with the apostle Paul saying that we, in our day, should ever be learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Something else to consider is that we are still under a state of probation and must so remain until the return of Christ and the beginning of the Millennium. We are currently learning more than we’ve ever known before, yet belief in God is down in all the vast learning centers of the world. Churches are empty in Europe and church attendance is down throughout the U.S. as well. With our learning, we also have never been more wicked as a world.

Before Jesus returns, a great tribulation consisting of plagues, natural disasters, and civil wars mush occur; and these will eliminate the majority of those who will be alive.

One reason the Lord will not reveal himself is that should he do so, there would still be many people who would not accept him. And should that happen, those who did not accept him would be judged much more harshly, having seen but not acted.

• smiddy
    smiddy

dazed b.n.c.

you have a pm

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

LOL transhuman68

I looked up my good news bible ,my good news bible for catholics and my NWT and no verse 4 of John ch.5 is in any of them .If memory serves me correct their are a number of verses that do not exist in either the "old" and "new "sections of the bible .

What a GRAND opportunity exists for the GB and/or the F&DS to receive NEW LIGHT from Jehovah revealing what these scripture verses say , surely they could get tons of mileage out of doing so . (are you taking note GB ?/ F&DS ? )

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is ludicrous to beleive in this day and age that their is a GOD who in the generally accepted veiw is almighty and whatever else you may attribute to him/it/her and" it"is completely silent about it`s own existence .Every religion defaults back to faith in the God you beleive in , but never ever does he set matters straight ,it`s always left up to imperfect humans to speak for( it)

smiddy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Before Jesus returns, a great tribulation consisting of plagues, natural disasters, and civil wars mush occur; and these will eliminate the majority of those who will be alive.

Are you sure it's not going to be muhammed or allah? If so how?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

If god exists...

I always ask this in regards to anything that is hard to believe in especially if it doesn't seem to want to be seen?

Ask yourself if god,angels,demons,ghosts,spirits, little green men from Mars do exist then why doesn't any of them appear or make themselves known? Why are all the pictures of flying saucers(UFO's) always so grainy and fuzzy? Why is it so convenient that now in our modern age with worldwide internet and camera crews that can post images from any point in the world to broadcast to the whole world, is it that for some reason they all decided to be shy and not show themselves to all or at all?

Why is it that god(s) evidently can't take the time from their busy work of managing the universe to prove once and for all that they do exist to all of us at once, and yet they supposedly have time to visit certain ones either in dreams,visions, revelations etc. and tell them what THEY expect of the rest of humanity? The time it takes to tell one person could in todays world be heard by billions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit