If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec
    There have been humans on earth now for around 250 000 years. What did he ever do for the first 248 000?

I don't know. Wasn't there; and have no understanding of such things.

(Please note there was no sarcasm in the above post)

(ditto, btw)

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

If you can set aside your doubts on that for a moment, simply consider that God could speak to every person as one... in spirit... within them... without the use of any other technological device at all. Simply on faith. (the muscle we don't have much practice using) That would be some pretty advanced communications. The recievers don't work so well just yet... they need some fine-tuning ;)

Most people on this board (myself included) that were or are JW's certianly tried earnestly and hard to do this, many spent decades looking for confirmation and experienced nothing like you describe why did god not speak to them TEC?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Tec- He does... with those who would hear Him. He sent His Son. His Son speaks, guides, teaches... but in spirit now, whereas in the flesh when he walked in the flesh. I can't hear "in spirit". I hear my son when he laughs, my daughter when she crys and my wife when she tells me she loves me. An argument can easily be made that anyone who hears god may be crazy even if the voice you hear in your is justified as "in spirit". We listen with our ears, see with our eyes and taste with our toung. If god made us in his image he knows this. What an easy cop out to say "with those who would hear him." He would have to, especially with the prevalance of technology, know that we need undisputed proof. If he "made us in his image" then surely knows this and would adapt to the times as we do through the centuries.

Cold Steel- Yep, you are missing something. First, the Lord will appear in our day, but just when remains a mystery. The scriptures speak of our day, with the apostle Paul saying that we, in our day, should ever be learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. I feel sad for you. How do you know that the scriptures "speak of our day"??? How do you know that the people 1000 years ago did't think the same thing. Im sure people 100 and 1000 years from now will think the same thing. I think your missing something.

• cofty
    cofty

There have been humans on earth now for around 250 000 years. What did he ever do for the first 248 000? - me
    I don't know. Wasn't there; and have no understanding of such things. - Tammy

At last you admit you haven't a clue.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Tootired2care- I earnestly tried this for 20+ years too and expirianced nothing.

• tec
    tec

Most people on this board (myself included) that were or are JW's certianly tried earnestly and hard to do this, many spent decades looking for confirmation and experienced nothing like you describe why did god not speak to them TEC?

You did?

I thought most jw's just listened to what they were told by the GB, the elders, the magazines. If anything had gone against what was written, would you have believed what you heard, or dismissed what you heard as a 'demon'?

Just curious.

If you are speaking about afterward, when you tried to pray and be guided without looking to the WTS and all it entails... what exactly were you looking for as confirmation?

Again, just curious, to understand better.

I looked at Christ. Only Christ. He is the Truth, the Word, the Image of God... so while it might have been hard at times (and can be so still) to forget what anyone else is saying or teaching (baggage), I did understand that there was no where else to look other than Christ. No one else to turn TO... other than Christ... for truth and life.

He said this:

If you love me you will obey my command. I will ask the father and he will give you another counsellor to be with you forever - the spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you.

and

If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

(Christ speaks, btw. It is not generally God... because Christ has been granted all authority. So it is Christ. And not jehovah... and it is not the name pronunciation that I am harping on; but rather the attributes that are given to that name, by those who taught you about that one.)

A person not hearing does not mean that He is not speaking though. It is hard to hear the Spirit (of Truth: Christ)... if one is listening to a lie. The lies are loud and many. But I can only offer suggestions and share what happened with me. I can't actually answer for you. You would have to ask for yourself, and look within yourself.

Peace to you,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If you can set aside your doubts on that for a moment, simply consider that God could speak to every person as one... in spirit... within them... without the use of any other technological device at all. Simply on faith. (the muscle we don't have much practice using) That would be some pretty advanced communications. The recievers don't work so well just yet... they need some fine-tuning ;)

Sounds like setting aside critical thinking. NEVER a good idea, especially with the important stuff. Leaves one open to all kinds of false ideas. I strongly suggest nobody do this kind of thing, and if someone tells you to, consider it a red flag. Afterall, it was only when we ceased to set aside doubts and going on faith that most of us were able to free ourselves of one cult.

• cofty
    cofty

NC - Isn't it amazing how people use critical thinking to escape the cult and then think its a virtue to set it aside?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I thought most jw's just listened to what they were told by the GB, the elders, the magazines. If anything had gone against what was written, would you have believed what you heard, or dismissed what you heard as a 'demon'?

TEC - with all due respect, this really does show a great deal of ignorance on your part. JW's are probably the hardest working at furthering Jesus cause out there.

If you are speaking about afterward, when you tried to pray and be guided without looking to the WTS and all it entails... what exactly were you looking for as confirmation?

I was waiting to hear Jesus voice, and to feel the force flowing through me.

• tec
    tec

NC and Cofty - Seriously?

It is not setting aside critical thinking to use your imagination for a moment and consider something other than what you currently believe.

Ease back on the red flag/ doomsday clock, lol...

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit