If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The scripture that comes to mind is the one in Matthew 7 where it states that few are the one finding "the way" tm, and the broad road of destruction etc. If we are to take the bible as gods word for the sake of argument then from this text it's plain that he doesn't have any interest in making it a straight forward process for people to find him or "the way".

Those that don't do (or give up doing) the tiresome three ring circus act to try and find him will be destroyed according to the text. Then you find contradictory statements in peter about how god is not slow and doesn't desire any to be destroyed etc. If he doesn't want any to be destoyed then logically It really should not have to be so complicated, right? Even his own word sends completely mixed messages.

If this is the best the supreme being can do then it's obvious that either god has no interest in sparing lives or preventing bloodsheed, or god was invented by men as means of controlling the masses.

2 Thess Chapter 1

8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,

Jeremiah Chapter 25

32 “This is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth. 33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.

So let me make sure I got this right, God creates us with free will, gives us a poor explanation of the true path, then destroys all those that don't get it right or who are born into the wrong religion. I do agree with the op, and I too hate the concept of god. It has been a curse, and a prison cage for humanity, it's time to write our losses off and move on from the celestial dictatorship concept.

• designs
    designs

Chariklo- Yes some religions that choose to be progressive in some areas can be happy with science. Modern astronomy disproved the Bible's observation that the solar system was geo-centric, next it proved that the 6000 year old theory of creation was wrong by millions of years.

Once you have shown the Bible's core about the origin is a fable what's next well its claims in the NT are just as specious. Another century and christianity will be on the History shelves alongside Zoroastrianism etc..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So let me make sure I got this right, God creates us with free will, gives us a poor explanation of true path, then destroys all those that don't get it right (babies and cats too) or who are born into the wrong religion. I do agree with the op, and I too hate the concept of god. It has been a curse, and a prison cage for humanity, it's time to write our losses off and move on from the celestial dictatorship concept.

This very reasoning came easy to me as a child. If a child can be a natural universalist and figure this out, then adults don't have any excuse for teaching this kind of God. And I mean adults of Bible times and adults now.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

There is a saying that if you don't want a problem to get worse you nip it in the bud, allowing earths population to explode in ignorance only hurts gods case of him being caring and loving god.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

This very reasoning came easy to me as a child. If a child can be a natural universalist and figure this out, then adults don't have any excuse for teaching this kind of God. And I mean adults of Bible times and adults now.

Exactly, it's too bad the people have these milestones around their collective necks known as the bible, quaran etc. These books will probably never be put where they really belong for a long time. Not to drift too off topic but I think getting a colony established on another planet would be a great first step to making this a reality and it would single handedly expose the fraud of all of these books.

• designs
    designs

You have to see the movie Rapa Nui to really appreciate the above

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Rapa Nui - Damn Netflix doesn't have it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People with abusive, controlling parents or who live under abusive controlling governments are the ones who came up with this concept of God. And then I feel strongly that a long time ago people figured out that fear is a very effective tool with which to control people. So if they could combine people's belief in God with fear, then it could save them a lot of trouble and expense.

Which is easier? "God will get you for littering!" Or sending out an officer to give the person a citation, then having a person show up for court to pay the fine? Another example: Wife doesn't want to have sex with husband because he is habitually drunk or has bad hygiene. "God says you have to obey me or else!" That's easier than throwing her in jail or beating her. Beating her leaves her black and blue and it doesn't encourage light hearted ,fun love making. And the drunken, foul smelling husband would rather scare his wife than stop getting drunk or taking regular baths. Just scare the little woman by playing on her fears. Convince her that God is petty and loves killing people or torturing them after death if they don't follow a bunch of rigid petty rules.

Just because people teach or believe this stuff, it doesn't make it true.

• dazed but not confused
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why don't people stop themselves from raping people? Why don't you stop them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit