If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP, I think your kids are each a year younger than my kids. 14 and 10 here.

Yep, though mine are just months apart. In february, the youngest will be 10 (and I will be 39 and their mother will be 38 and their uncle 30 and their other uncle 49 and their grandmother ...i am not sure). Lots of Feb birthdays in this family. Their mother and I are just three days apart.

I love watching them grow up at that age. Of course, they are a raging pain in the ass, too.

• tec
    tec

not everything written is inspired...duh. But if its in the bible its supposed to be. Again- why pick and choose

I meant not everything written in the bible. I pick and choose because it is only Christ who I know is the Truth. Gotta test everything against the truth. So I pick and choose according to the Truth, who is Christ... or better yet, I just listen to Him and don't worry about the rest. Much easier.

It looks like you are convinced in your reasoning but seem as lost as the rest of us

Oh, I'm lost in all sorts of things, lol.

Fortunately in this thing... I get to lean on Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I will just try and continue to be a good man, father and husband and see where it leads me. I try not to fear the unknowable. Thanks for you POV. I will pick this up tomorrow. Off to bed.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thats a new concept to me Tec. Not all that is written in the bible is inspired? How do you know what is or isn't?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I should have read the rest of the post to see your answer.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I will just choose not to worry about what I cannot ever know for sure without a doubt.

• tec
    tec

For some reason, EP, I thought you were younger than me. Guess not ;) Our b-days are mostly in Sept/Oct... and then again in April/May. But at least those are spread out and away from Christmas.

Dazed, those all sound to be good things. If you do want to know God, the truth of God rather than a mish-mash of what everyone tells you... you can ask Him to send you His Truth (Christ), and you can ask for ears to hear, eyes to see. Then listen. And don't be afraid. God is not the exacting or vengeful God that some make Him out to be. Christ was not.

I too am going to sign off for a bit. Will pick up with you (and others) tomorrow as well.

peace to you,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Love, forgiveness, mercy... these are what Christ taught as to how we are to treat one another. Good things to keep in mind.

Peace to you,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Thats an interesting quote tootired....so I wonder who this "HE" is that will bring vengence to those that do not know God.

@Still thinking - Yeah it says a lot, here is the full passage, the context doesn't leave much room for doubt as to who is going to do the killing.

6 This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for ? YOU , 7 but, to ? YOU ? who suffer tribulation, relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, 10 at the time he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder in connection with all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among ? YOU .

• dazed but not confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit