If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

New Chapter- Billions of prayers have been uttered over thousands of years pleading for clarity and understanding, but what we have is simply confusion. Yes and if god gave a shit he should not make it so confusing for everyone. I'm glad I don't have to filter through this bias anymore. It was exhausting. I always had to defend this god. Why? It seemed perfectly clear to me at the time why, but looking back it simply made no sense. This is how I was too. I would try to justify why god doesn't act now but "soon" will. It was exhausting. I would alway share out in service Psalms 37:10,11 for year. But toward then end I couldn't justify such a broad statement - "just a little while longer" 2000+ years is "just a little while"? This scripture, I think, got me on the path I'M on today. Great post. Thanks.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Dazed, you have a pm.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You say now that we are more enlightened. By whose standards?

i don't mean that we're not. I mean that from a universal perspective, what seems like enlightenment here and now may not seem so from another perspective.

If God exists, then such a being could hardly be expected to conform to human standards, surely?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

yaddayadda2 -Of course, the standard Christian response to your questions is that God IS going to undeniably reveal himself again to the world soon, through the return of Jesus Christ. So perhaps your question really is "Why has God remained so hidden for the last 2,000 years?" If I was a ruler of a small country for 40+ years and it was very peaceful and everyone got along and all was peaceful, then my son in his early 20's decides its time for him to rule because he feels he could do even better. He challenges my authority in front of the entire kingdom of servants and people. Under his rule murder, rape, genocide occure with in the first 2 years. I sit back hands folded and say to myself "Well he challenged me. I have to see how this unfolds." How is the blood of all these people not on my hands too? I could have stepped in anytime and had my son killed or imprisoned and reversed these problems. This is the illogical theme of the bible.

Why does god need 2000+ years or this. If he exists he seems to be quite the pile of shit.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

We will continued to be enlightened. I see good things for our future. Unfortunately, this god is not growing with the enlightenment. He still has unenlightened standards that reflect the standards of the people that created him. That's the point. For this god to be real, surely he would be progressive and find ways to make a more enlightened people aware of his existence. That goes for all the gods, who amazingly resemble the cultures that worship them.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Larsinger58 -

God has his own plan and his own schedule. But don't think that just because he has not revealed himself in person to you personally, that he doesn't appear to others. Jehovah appeard to me, so I'm fortunate to know for a fact that he exists. I know others would like this. This will come in time, but for now, God is active among his chosen elect for now. The rest of the world willl get to know God personally a little later, especially during Armageddon. There is a purpose for his secretiveness with the general public for now.

God definitely exists and he proved this by appearing to me personally in 1992.

Again, one must not assume that God does not appear to humans today, it's just that he doesn't appear to everyone, but only to some select ones. Wow. He appeared to you personally? Im going to respectfully avoid this land mine so as not to offend you.

• designs
    designs

The world's religions all formed with the observation that the earth was at the center and the sun and stars revolved around it. Sciences like astronomy freed us from our long dark night. It was a long climb but humans alone did it.

One of the fascinating books to read is on the scientific advances made from the 1500s-1800s. Seeing Deep Space for the first time changed everything.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Gladiator - Only God! The question remains - is he missing you?

To clear up the confusion there are hundreds of gods. All the gods are welcome to my next party but they will have to bring their own ambrosia. Thrones will not be provided as I expect them to be on the dance floor. They can take their shoes of as I don't want stardust on my carpets. They are welcome to dish out rewards to my friends but can leave all that macho fire and brimstone stuff behind. My hopes of them attending are not high. It will be a miracle if even a dozen turn up. Here here!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

IsaacJ22 - If God cares, why not prove atheists like me wrong? The things believers offer as proof are very very weak to the rest of us. Why not make his existence undeniable? Or even hard to deny? As simple as that. Thats all I'm asking.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Chariklo- You say now that we are more enlightened. By whose standards?

i don't mean that we're not. I mean that from a universal perspective, what seems like enlightenment here and now may not seem so from another perspective.

If God exists, then such a being could hardly be expected to conform to human standards, surely? By human standards we are more enlightened. If an all powerful god/gods is watching us and gave us a book to follow then damn right we have the right to expect him to conform to our standards and answer for whats going on. Its time for him/it to get off its cosmic ass. We have the right to know if the guide book he gave us is to be trated as truth. There are some updates and clarifications needed. He askes alot of us. Why is it unreasonable to ask this little of him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit