If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well then you should be happy.

I usually am. Sometimes, though, I get sad, like when my fish dies.

Not that i have a problem with people leaving religion either. I am not for religion at all.

Despite your protests, you have a religion. It has rules, it has consequences, it had a mythology, you and the others in it will say just about anything to protect it, no matter how silly...it's a religion you got there, Tec. Sorry to break it to you.

However, it is not so hard to grasp. There are times when my spouse is speaking to me, and I am busy with something else, and i am not hearing a word that he is saying. And vice versa. But that does not mean that he is not speaking.

It isn't hard to grasp. Your spouse, would he let you go the rest of your life ignoring him? I bet not. In fact, I KNOW not. It's dishonest and a fallacy to equate momentary not hearing of a human with a lifetime of not hearing from a supreme being.

Please, stop using bad analogies in the name of your religion. It's just silly and it's insulting. Mostly, it's insulting that someone as clearly intelligent as you would stoop to saying anything to defend your religion as the silly things you expect others to accept.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What question, Dazed?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Because god is a mass murderer then people, by his example, justify their actions. In the name of any god they commit this crime. Why is this ok? For radicals and nonradicals? Religion is the root of all evil not money. IMHO

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The only question I was was "Why is this OK".

It's not OK.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

The biggest genocide in history, biggest atrocity in history was at GOD’s hands. Again, why would I ever listen to a hypocrite like this? Why should I, you or anyone listen to or follow any god that promotes these crimes against humanity?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

No, why should anyone listen to a god that promotes so much violence and hate and murder? Millions do.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You shouldn't. At all. Ever. That guy is a douche.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

If someone gives freely of their time and love and money for 20 years, then that same persone kills 10 people at his place of work, what does anyone remember about this person? What they gave or their murderous rampage? Why should god be different? If god exists then he has a lot of explaining to do.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

But thats not a "guy"- its the almighty GOD promoted in the bible that millions and millions of people follow, die and kill for.

• tec
    tec

I usually am. Sometimes, though, I get sad, like when my fish dies.

I get sad sometimes when i spend all night on the computer instead of doing some of the other things that I ought to be doing ;)

Despite your protests, you have a religion. It has rules, it has consequences, it had a mythology, you and the others in it will say just about anything to protect it, no matter how silly...it's a religion you got there, Tec. Sorry to break it to you.

I think I will agree to disagree with you on this one, love.

It isn't hard to grasp. Your spouse, would he let you go the rest of your life ignoring him? I bet not. In fact, I KNOW not. It's dishonest and a fallacy to equate momentary not hearing of a human with a lifetime of not hearing from a supreme being.

No, he would not. But if I wanted to ignore him, then he'd be tough out of luck... and I'd probably not have a spouse anymore.

But you are right. It is not the same thing. Once again, I was merely pointing out how something is possible on a smaller scale, to show how something can be possible on a larger scale.

A difference as well... neither Christ nor God force someone to hear them (with rare exceptions... such as Paul).

Please, stop using bad analogies in the name of your religion. It's just silly and it's insulting. Mostly, it's insulting that someone as clearly intelligent as you would stoop to saying anything to defend your religion as the silly things you expect others to accept.

I am not defending, not in this case. Just doing my best to answers something asked if I can, and saying i don't know, if I cannot. I don't expect anyone to accept anything.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit