If god exists...

by dazed but not confused 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

If you can set aside your doubts on that for a moment, simply consider that God could speak to every person as one... in spirit... within them... without the use of any other technological device at all.

A person not hearing does not mean that He is not speaking though. It is hard to hear the Spirit (of Truth: Christ)... if one is listening to a lie. The lies are loud and many. But I can only offer suggestions and share what happened with me. I can't actually answer for you. You would have to ask for yourself, and look within yourself.

You contradicted yourself. Earlier you stated that God speaks to every person, but by your own statement above your saying that gods voice is not going to get through to someone that is honest in working for Jesus or Gods (pick your form) interests but deceived. Let's take it a step further, aren't all Muslims and Chinese in the same boat by your criteria above? What good is speaking if it's not going to help 99% of earths population?

If God demands so much, wants to be acknowledged, and people to believe he exists then he really needs to clear some things up. Because there is no authority that can define "Right" for the people of the earth now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We've discussed on JWN more than once that both believers and athiests can be found working as scientists. So someone doesn't draw the same conclusions as you do about the existence of God: it doesn't necessarily follow that the person has set aside critical thinking. Science does not equal atheism. The two aren't interchangeable. Science is indeed so amazing that it leads some people to a stronger faith that God exists.

• tec
    tec

Do you think they're out there teaching the truth, Still?

Or are you also into defending the wts... as long as it means you get to disagree with me ;)

I witness to Christ. That anyone can go to Him. I do not state that one needs me or any other man or religion to go to Christ, to have life. I don't teach that everyone outside of me, or those who have faith in Christ... are going to die at armagaeddon, or burn in hell. I don't judge; I don't condemn; I don't df or shun; I am not the truth and would never state so. I simply follow Christ, and invite anyone who WANTS to, to do so also. No threats, no fear, no nothing of the sort.

You think that I am wrong, and state so. No big deal. Think and speak as you will.

But so too will I.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Science can only be done by leaving god in the cupboard outside the lab.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You don't need super powers, kind sir. Teach your sons that it is NOT okay to rape. And sometimes it is women or teenaged girls who "rape." Teach them, too...FHN

Is it all really so simple in your world FHN? Gosh, maybe you should run for government and sort everyone out with your simplistic answers.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Aww, but God wants to watch. Lol.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

No, but it really makes no difference, there is no authority here on earth that can define "right", if God existed, and had love for man he would fix this. 200,000 years, tens of thousands of religions each with radically different belief systems is pretty good proof that he is not interested in a "right way".

• cofty
    cofty

but God wants to watch. Lol.

OK then he can peek in the windows as long as he keeps the f~~~ out the lab

• still thinking
    still thinking

Or are you also into defending the wts... as long as it means you get to disagree with me ;)...tec

Wow...twisting my words? Yes

Did I say I thought they were teaching the 'truth'? No. You made the statement they teach 'a bunch of lies' Don't put words in my mouth, I made no comment either way about whether they teach lies or the truth.

What I said was, there are many honest people knocking on doors for their God...Just like YOU preaching here. They honestly believe the shit they sell....I think YOU and your ilk are much the same and THEM...I see very little difference, except you lot don't get off your ass and knock on doors. So they do put more effort into preaching their god. I am not defending the WTS at all, I am speaking about people I know who genuinely believe and pray to their god. One JW friend of mine has great anxiety about knocking on doors...but she does it because she loves HER GOD. And believes he gives her the strength to do it.

So why don't you get off your big ego trip and stop assuming I say things just to disagree with YOU.

• tec
    tec

You contradicted yourself. Earlier you stated that God speaks to every person, but by your own statement above your saying that gods voice is not going to get through to someone that is honest in working for Jesus interests but deceived.

There is no contradiction. Just because one is speaking, does not mean that another is hearing. And the reverse, just because one is not hearing, does not mean that one is not being spoken to.

Let's take it a step further, aren't all Muslims and Chinese in the same boat by your criteria above? What good is speaking if it's not going to help 90% of earths population?

They might be in the same boat. Generations pass on whatever they learned from the generation before them. God doesn't force himself upon people though.

However, it is still good for those who do listen, and those who do listen are supposed to be helping. Freely given; freely give.

But their business with God is between them and God.

Just because someone does not know Christ and God (as christianity teaches... really, some of the reason they don't know is because of christianity)... does not mean that they are not known by Christ, according to what is within them, which manifests in what they DO. The subjects of the kingdom for whom it was created since the beginning of time; if not the bride/body of Christ.

If God demands so much, wants to be acknowledged, and people to believe he exists then he really needs to clear some things up. Because there is no authority that can define "Right" for the people of the earth now.

He doesn't really demand all that much. No more than what we SHOULD know to be doing... which is to be doing good to one another, to be showing love and mercy and forgiveness to one another. Sometimes we don't want to do that (think of some/all of the wars fought in the name of Christ or God... these are people doing what they WANT, rather than listening) These are people who also had it in writing before them, considered an authority, who chose to ignore what Christ said on matters, to do their own things. Including torturing their 'enemies'.

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit