My mother passed away this morning...

by Tatiana 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

For any old-school ex-JWs here that remember my many posts about my abusive JW mother and my sister committing suicide because of it...she passed away this morning because she began to bleed out and refused a transfusion. She had been in the hospital for a month. It appears she suffered a stroke and wasn't found by the brothers & sisters for three days (they missed her at the meetings). She was alone in her apartment because she told my niece (who recently left the organization for the second time) that she never wanted to see her again or have anything to do with her. My niece was the only one who went to help her clean her place and take her shopping (she was 79 and not in good health) and as soon as my mother was convinced my niece wasn't going to back to the KH she kicked her to the curb. Yet my niece (a nurse) went to her anyway after she had the stroke and fed her in the hospital, bathed her, and took care of her.

My mother's only brother left alive, my Uncle Jim (anointed) drove up from Atlanta and the first thing he asked my niece was where her bank account info was and if she had life insurance. This was before she was even thought to be critical. He then proceeded to go to my mother's apartment and give away all of her things...even her car and also the antique furniture my niece had loaned her...to the people at the KH. He claims she had a will but will not show it to anyone. I was her only daughter left and the oldest daughter yet I didn't deserve the courtesy of a call from him asking if I wanted a simple photograph.

It also appears that in her last hours she wasn't the same...wasn't in her 'right mind' according to my niece. Although I choose to believe that niceness WAS her right mind and not the other way around...The 'hatefullness' was gone and she was very nice and pleasant and asking for me...me...the daughter she said was evil and demonized and who she hadn't seen for 20 years. I live over 3000 miles away and was trying to get a plane ticket but it was not in time. She will be cremated and buried at the KH in Andrews, SC next to my grandmother. I am trying to arrange things so I can be at the funeral. As much as I will hate to step foot in that KH with so many bad memories, I need to be there.

Each year I put off writing my mother a letter...I kept telling myself I had time to write her and let her know I forgave her for all the beatings, all the abuse, all the humiliation...now it is too late. What saddens me most is that she was STILL waiting for Armageddon. Still waiting for that new body, that youthful figure and everlasting life...so much so that she threw away her entire family...grandchildren, son, daughters, husbands...for a false dream and a despicable religion. The sadness is overwhelming....sadness for a wasted life, sadness for my children who were abused by her also and only one of them wants to attend the funeral with me...sadness for my only brother who hates her so much he refuses to care at all...a deep and empty sadness for another loss of life because of a false religion's interpretation of the Bible. Just sadness...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/entertainment/13773/1/My-beautiful-sister

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/15085/1/My-nieces-change-of-heart

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/20285/1/A-story-of-brotherly-love

• rip van winkle
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

So sad. I'm so sorry for your loss...all of them... too many of them.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

im sorry so to hear about ur mother,and also what you and ur family dealt with. im glad you forgave her before she died.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

So very sorry, Tatiana

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry about your loss.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know what else to say, except I'm sorry.

• Think About It
    Think About It

That was a very good expressive post. Sorry for what this Cult JW religion has caused you and your family.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm sorry for your loss. Even after all she put you brought she still was your mother.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Thank you all for the kind words...you don't know what it means to be able to come here and 'talk' to you because you are the only ones who truly understand. I have nowhere else to vent. Thank you for being here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit