My mother passed away this morning...

by Tatiana 100 Replies latest jw friends

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I hate the cult for pitting family against one another and tearing them apart. If I beleived in sin, I think the biggest one would be family allowing a cult to tear them apart. Family is so imporatnt...

My codolences for the loss of your mother, and the way you were treated...

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I haven't even left for the airport and it's begun. neutral My niece and I are not going to be allowed to speak at the service. Songs I picked out that I knew my mother loved--Tom Jones, Dusty Springfield, Dr. Zhivago, Air Supply, will not be allowed. Only Kingdom songs.

My brother was asked if he wanted to be included in the obit and he replied definitely NOT (yes he is still bitter and angry) but my uncle said he didn't care and put his name in anyway.

I don't feel like fighting these people so I'm just going to let whatever happen...I'll just release my letter and balloon and be done. dove

Then

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hey Tatiana,

Do you have any support- anyone to go with you or anyone to meet up with after

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

perfect1---yes, my youngest son is flying in from Germany (he's an MP in the Army) to be with me and my niece will be there. She's an ex-jw now also. So we three will be together. Thank goodness because if I was alone I may just drink something before the service and break out in an Air Supply song at the KH!!!!

• perfect1
    perfect1

Oh good I am really glad you will have some people with you.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Tatiana, I just saw this. I am sorry for your loss ... on many levels.

00DAD

• mouthy
    mouthy

My thoughts are with you my love!!I feel for you because after all you went through

Memories have ways of popping back into our minds .But just know that we are family here

& everyone is feeling YOUR pain....Keep your chin up.. Happy you have support. If we could all be with you
    I know we would. Grace

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I'm very sorry for what you are going through. I know it's the furthest thing from your mind, but get an attorney. If your mother had life insurance, those funds will most likely need to go toward burial cost and, as her eldest child, you are next of kin. Also, wills are not iron clad. Speak to an attorney who can advise you on what you need to do. It's a terrible thing to deal with while you're grieving, but it cannot be ignored. Especially with your uncle acting the way he's acting.

My grandfather passed 3 years ago. I watched my mother deal with everything. She had an attorney. Defiantly consider getting one. Again, I'm very sorry.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

((((GRACE!!!!)))) You have given me much inspriation in my years here. Thank you!!! Left in the cold...I will assess the situation when I get there Friday morning. If I feel that it's just too much to fight about. then my uncle can keep it all. I've fought so long and with so many JWs over the years that I don't know if I have any fight left in me. But I will decide when I get there.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Tatiana, I am so sorry for your loss. I just saw this thread, and apologize for not posting sooner. I hope that you will have a decent trip to your mom's funeral. Love to you and your niece.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit