My mother passed away this morning...

by Tatiana 100 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

so sorry, Tatiana. I hope you can find peace through all of this.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This cult takes everything and gives nothing. I'm sorry for your loss.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am sorry. That it was a bungled end, with at least the neice at her side. That you live without closure. May you find a way to say goodbye with meaning.

• moshe
    moshe

I worked in the tax collector/BMV office a couple winters ago and an older lady came in with a car title for a cadillac- she said the lady she took care of gave it to her before she went to a hospice-- I suggested to prevent trouble with relatives she get a bill of sale-- in less than 15 mintues she was back with a bill of sale- neatly handwritten- I gave her a number for service and called the office supervisor advising her I thought this woman had signed the title herself and written the bill of sale herself- "we are not the police- it is up to her family to complain to the authorities and then an investigation will be started"-

That said, so as long as you keep quiet, fraud, if it has occurred will not be punished- go see a lawyer soon-

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

This has to hurt terribly.

Don't let the regrets take over you. That street went both ways. Given what I've read on here, you may have been protected from a response to your extension of an olive branch that may have been even more painful than the silence you *heard* for years. I've read some painful testimonies.

Forgive her - hate the cult that took her.

(((((((Tatiana)))))))

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So sorry, tatiana.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Sorry Tatiana for your loss, even though your mother was messed up it's still hard to accept their gone for good.

Why are rabid-JWs so stupid they destroy their alllies (your niece who checked up on your Mother) and put their trust in fellow members who could care less once the elderly are unable to perform services for the Congregation. Your story reflects what is deeply wrong with the Organization, all resources are spent to further the top cult members, meanwhile we allow the ancient die-hard Witnesses to decay in resthomes without visits, leading to a death that could have been prevented.

Thank you for sharing your story so "lurkering members" can ponder the lack of love, selfishness and abuse that goes hand-and-hand with Watchtower Land.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My heart goes out to you.

-Aude.

• under the radar
    under the radar

So sorry for your loss, Tatiana. I concur with other posters about not letting your uncle get away with this fraud. Unless he can produce a will that will stand up in court, it would seem that a child (like maybe, you) would be considered the legal next-of-kin and would have precedence over a brother in deciding what to do with the deceased's things. You definitely need to consult a lawyer. Given what you said has already happened, it is a good bet that this uncle of yours will either abscond with any money and insurance payouts himself or give it all to the Society. If he can't or won't produce a valid will, please don't let him get away with it.

Just my 2 cents worth...

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Tatiana, I wish I could say more than just "sorry". I read the three threads you posted and can only imagine how many thoughts and emotions you must be dealing with right now. Hopefully you will have peace very soon. You are a kind person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit