My mother passed away this morning...

by Tatiana 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Awful experience. Thanks for sharing. If you have any emotional ire left you may wish to follow the advice here and seek justice however, it's a lot of extra pain in a dreadful situation and there is also honour in closing the chapter with a goodbye at the graveside and then getting on with living your life as best you can as a testament that terrible treatment by the deceased and the living will not dictate how you will respond to and share yourself with the world.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

hope you can move on with your life after this dreadful experience, and they profess to call them selves Christians! truly evil people.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I offer my sincere condolences, Tatiana. I'm sorry that your Mother gave you such a rough time in regards to the Org. What your Uncle did was unfathomable too. You may want to consider getting an attorney so that your Sister can get some of her antiques back, and to see what really is in your Mom's will. The fact that your Uncle is keeping hush hush about everything and just doing as he pleases is just not right. JW's are some of the most greedy and selfish people that I have ever known. Seriously.

I wish you strength as you deal with your loss.

• jemba
    jemba

So sorry for your loss
    Tatiana, I really hope the funeral helps to heal you and to move on. You sound like a lovely person. Sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

• somebody
    somebody

((((((((tatiana))))))))) I am SO sorry. For the loss of your mom and the many losses you've had to endure along with the abuse. My you find some more strenght to get you through this very difficult time!

peace to you,

somebody/gwen

P.S. Zev/harold also sends his thoughts and his deepest condolence to you.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Dear Tatiana,

Thank you for sharing this painful part of your life with us.

It's not over yet, but you have your niece and your children, along with your friends here at JWN to turn to.

Your uncle sounds hateful, he is punishing you for leaving his cherished cult. I am so sorry to hear about what he has done to you, adding insult to injury.

Please accept my sympathy for your loses.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

This is so sad to hear. I pray you can endure the KH funeral. My heart goes out to you.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I have just read some of your posts from 10 years ago. Your stories just broke my heart.

All I can say is I am just so very sorry. This religion is just so very hurtful. I have had experiences similar to yours. Both my parents were extremely abusive to me. Yet not one of the JW's helped me as a small child, teenager, newly married woman. If anything they sided with my parents telling me I needed to be in subjection more to them so as to not make them so upset with me after all my parents did love Jehovah.

Yet even though they sided with my parents when my mom died 10 years ago this coming February not one elder would conduct the memorial for her. A MS finally did. The elders were worse if that could possible when my dad died.

Now that it is is coming up to the 10 year anniversary of my mom's death I find myself getting so depressed thinking about it.

I was an elder wife when my parents died but it did not matter with how cold and uncaring the JW's the peers of my husband were toward me, some of them were down right mean.

I will never forget the day after my mom died the PO's COBE wife called me early in the morning saying to me that I must be so happy. I asked about what and she said the fact that your mom is dead as you hated her so much. Those words still hurt as I am writing this right now 10 years latter. I was sobbing and I said I did not hate her. The elder's wife said you sure acted like it. No mention of all the pain and hurt my mom had done to as a small child and than all my life.

I just truly hate this religion and how they are so cruel.

I am just so sorry for your as I know the pain you are going through. I loved my mom with every ounce of my being and I would have done anything to make her happy. I just did not know how. To be told that I hated her was horrible.

Just know that I am so sorry for what you are going through.

LITS

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

keep strong

• Skbj
    Skbj

My deepest condolences Tatiana. I definitely think that you have to pursue the matter with your uncle and the authorities, it's not even a matter of money or the actual items but the principle and deep lack of respect that he has shown. Be strong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit