My mother passed away this morning...

by Tatiana 100 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Tatiana- I don't know how many siblings there are in your family, but do you have the right to access your mothers bank account since your are her daughter, unless someone else has been appointed Power of Attorney or Guardian.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ugh. Sorry for all that you've been through with this. It's a cautionary tale for the rest of us.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

ShirelyW...She only had $34 in her bank account. The bank statements were from 2008. No trace of what happened to the money after she withdrew it. I'm the oldest, my sis is deceased, and my only brother wanted nothing to do with the funeral or anything else. She made no major purchases so I can only assume what happened to the money. I don't care but at least she could have thought about funeral expenses.

Glander, I don't know what's up with the PMs. Sucks though...

Hugs and thanks to Ontheway out, SeventhSojourn, Adventurousone, and Bangalore!

• cantleave
    cantleave

My sincere condolences.

• earthfire
    earthfire

I'm so sorry.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I certainly remember you...

I have yet to experience the confusing feelings of having a JW parent passing away. I can only imagine what it's like. Hope you're holding up okay.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have gone back and read your heartbreaking posts about your sister, mother, and your niece. It is truly amazing the mental hold that the WTS can exert over people. I know I believed heart and soul whatever their pronouncements were for over thirty years. Obviously your mother did and hardened her heart to anything else.

I hope that you are now close with your niece, and am so glad that you have children. I know you'be been through some extremely depressing times, but hope that with your loved ones you are able to look forward now, and find the happiness you deserve.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Hi Nosferatu!! I remember you also! You are correct in that the feelings are confusing, even now. Very difficult to come to terms with...on the one hand she made all our lives a living hell, on the other hand she's paid the ultimate price. One day I'll wake up angry after having a horrible dream about her and that 'house.' Another day I'll be sad that my mother is gone and has no chance to apologize.

And I also saw a sort of desperate sadness in my uncle's eyes. He has been in the truth since age 15...he's about 75 now...is 'anointed' and he and my aunt decided never to have children in 'this system of things.' He won't even speak of it anymore.

He is the only one left in the family now. My mother had two brothers and a sister. My Uncle Bobby (who despised the witnesses) passed away last year. My Aunt Mary (who also despised anything to do with the witnesses) passed away three years ago. My grandmother (devout witness) and grandfather (Freemason) are gone...I know he feels alone and that his time is approaching. I just received an email from him telling me to make sure I ask my Aunt for certain pics he has put up that he wants me to have when he passes away. I daresay he's not expecting Armageddon any time soon.

Quandry...thank you. Yes, I talk to my children every day. I'm happy. I just helped my niece drive about 3000 miles across country from Myrtle Beach to Idyllwild, CA. After the funeral she decided to move her family far away from SC an any connection to the congregation there. They were still spying on her at Christmas. I think she's much happier now.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Tatiana, I had never read your story but it brought tears to my eyes. You have been through more than anyone should have to go through. I am sorry for your losses and all of the pain you have suffered. I am also glad you have a great relationship with your children and they are there for you.

Hi April,

So sorry to read this. I barely ever come here anymore (moved on from all the JW/xJW stuff). I saw this today and thought about you - you were always so kind to me. I wish you nothing but happiness.

Gravedancer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit