non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrs jones lol ur funny i was only using that as an example

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cool but there's a "but" in there cuz going by what you've said atheists are good people BUT they're not as good as theists because they don't believe.

I like my view better: people can be good whether they believe or not. I don't base my opinion of a person's character on one's belief or not of a sky god.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

onthewayout like what?

May I, OTWO?

unstopableravens, things like: genocide, infanticide, murder, rape, incest, endorsement of slavery...to name a few.

It's all in the scriptures...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Unstop, what if you are wrong? What if you are wrong and the Muslims are right? Or the Hindus? Or the Ancient Sumerians, Egyptions, Taoists, Native Americans? What if you have chosen the wrong god? There are thousands to choose from. What makes you think that your particular god, and your particular belief about that god, after hundreds of thousands of years is the one?

You are an atheist when it comes to all gods but one. Do you worry about being wrong?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

lets pick your scenario and a loving God does exist.... and we atheists go to "hell" because we used the god given brain and concluded that there was no way a loving God could exist because he left no trace about his existance and his benevolence and that all the book written about him were written by indigenous people living in a desert. And he still wants to send me to hell along the billions of people who read the wrong books...

in that case..... lets burn!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

NC, what if their Hells are worse than YHWH's Hell?

Jeez, I don't wat to be dyeing a death of a 1000 cuts forever...

• brinjen
    brinjen

I'll clarify. In my opinion, if there is a God then his laws would be revolved around what's best for the planet he created, those who live on it and keeping the whole thing going. Not a bunch of rules which have nothng to do with his "creation", but his own personal gratification. Doing good deeds is far more logical than following a particular religion (which is the right one btw? ).

Forget what you've been taught, forget the bible and think for a moment.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrs jones i guess its like anything else when a tem is used ppl can think of it differnetly when i say good person i dont think there any ppl who are good according to gods standards bacause of sin thats why i believe in grace because we all sin . so i dont think that non christians are evil i think we all have the same natural desires i just think that christains look to god and relized there need for a savor.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Wrong about what?

There are many religions in the world worshiping different gods in different ways. They can’t all be right, so the billions of believers who have worshiped the wrong god will have to do a lot of explaining to the big sky daddy.

Non-believers will not have committed idolatry and kept themselves free from idols. They will be able to say that they were waiting to die and meet the real god, so as to be sure they did not worship a false god. Hedging bets is a good move.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, I know. Born and raised non baptized jw used to be a christain here. After all that I don't see a need for a savior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit