A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Still thinking: i am referring to how they keep bringing up "a few" atheists on some particular thread here who are being mean and bad. You know it could only be a few people, but since they arent using names it allow some nice generalizations without the responsibility of owning up to them later.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Newchapter: if i am being discussed on no-evidence zone, and i am being accused off all the things which he "bad" atheists are being accused of over there, i want to know

Yeah, there is curiosity. You can sign up. I don't really care much, though it is intersting. I find they often don't understand me anyway. I just can't get overly emotional about those kinds of things. People talk. It's what they do. They aren't always nice. Enforced niceness just leads to superficial nonsense. I find that being allowed to express myself completely helps me work through the 'ugly' problems. Talking about things I'm not supposed to talk about actually leads me to a better understanding of myself. The process is ugly, and sometimes it stalls (bitch mode), but if it moves forward, I find some new understandings. It's just not a big deal to me. Talk about me if you like. Bitch about me. Be mean. If it gets you closer to understanding, go for it. I'd rather not impose artificial niceness on people. I'm speaking from experience. A recent ugly conversation led to some pretty surprising conclusions! If I had not been free to get ugly, I don't think I would have ever reached 'pretty'.

I truly prefer good wishes and complements to be genuine. If that means someone had to rip me apart to get to the real seed, so they can then offer me something authentic, I'm good with that. We are monkeys in shoes. We have an ugly side, but we are also able to learn about ourselves and pull out more positive.

A fly on anybody's wall would reveal some pretty shocking stuff. Time and place means a lot.

• bohm
    bohm

Newchapter: as far as i can tell all things over there happend in third person; you sort of know who is being discussed, but then again

• still thinking
    still thinking

Maybe I should join to see if there are any Private member only sections. I wonder if they have private chat rooms too? I know that forum has that capability.

Naaaaa....it's all open for everyone to see...no point joining. I already get enough laughs.

I don't care what they say about us there...I think it's funny how wrong they are most of the time...it's amusing.

Yeah bohm...I know what you mean. It's like Voldemort in Harry Potter when they talk about JWN too....it's referred to as "that other forum that won't be mentioned"...lol

I guess some people have an image to preserve. And that's how they think it is done. If only they knew....lol

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Newchapter: as far as i can tell all things over there happend in third person; you sort of know who is being discussed, but then again

Possibly. That's the enforced niceness. Window dressing! Take the athesit viewpoint---be real. Rip the dressing off, get to the bottom of it. I'm a bitch. I'm stubborn. I can be snarky. I infuriate some people. Can you believe I just said that? Who the hell do I think I am? I can't STAND when she pops on to a thread! She has terrible taste in music! She always thinks she's right! She's so opinionated. Go for it! LOL. It's okay. Name me. I'm good with it. You probably have some very valid points. And you probably don't understand some parts of me very well. It's all good. We all do it. I love real.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yep, nothing like digging in the hole to get rid of the puss New chapter...ROFL

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yep, nothing like digging in the hole to get rid of the puss New chapter...ROFL

I have NO IDEA what you just said here! Is that a NZ thing? LOL

It sounds almost dirty!

Any translaters? ROFLMAO You know I love you.

• tec
    tec

I think, instead of getting people to sugget ways that a truce could work... how about we list answers to this:

Atheists: what do you want from theists?

Theists: what do you want from atheists?

It is only when we know what the other 'side' wants, that we can determine whether or not we are willing or able to give it.

Thoughts?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

In fact, I think i will start another thread, and hope for the patience of the mods and the board for seeing yet ANOTHER atheist/theist thread ;)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Whatever you want folks to believe, Q (and you, too, C). For some reason you want folks to believe you need to and so are spying on the other site. Yeah, well, you two keeping telling yourselves... and anyone else you think is buying that melarkey that... melarkey. Don't be surprised if you find little customers for your "stuff," though... because there's nothing hidden over there. Including the "members" section - just like here we don't pre-approve members so anyone can simply "join" (the FORUM) and see what's posted there, too. Like here, it's really nothing more than things we think people simply perusing shouldn't be subjected to... as well as a place where members might feel more comfortable "speaking"... than on the board in general. But, then, you know what such a room is for. Regardless of what you might want others to think.

Palm... dear, dear, Palm. Seriously, PEACE to you. I think you and I have a SERIOUS misunderstanding... of what occurred as well as what was intended... such that you've posted what you did about the Oompa matter. I also thought you and I "agreed" to take "our" issues to PM. Well, so much for THAT "agreement," eh? So, let's [try to] put it to rest once and for all, shall we? In order not to further sully this thread, though, I've taken it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/242457/1/Re-the-Drama

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit