A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And EP saying he is doing it to himself...well...I don't know. Because I still don't know what they are referring to.

EP often tries to strip the dignity of others using provocative language, which is against the rules of this forum.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You broke the rule first, that's why I am engaging. Typical reaction. I never asked for it either. I would actually like you to be gone forever, not just a month.

Sab, I have not engaged with you. I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not talking to you again until December 1st. Please disengage with the provocative and accusatory behavior.

You wishes are not my concern.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, I have not engaged with you.

Total and complete lie. Proof here.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

NoStoneCutter, please confine your issues to the other thread, there is no need for them to bleed into this one.

Sab, I will not feed your persecution complex until December 1st, as per my word.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, I will not feed your persecution complex until December 1st, as per my word.

Ah, thanks for showing my point so well:

EP often tries to strip the dignity of others using provocative language, which is against the rules of this forum.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So on Thursday I am going to a very Christian house for Thanksgiving. There will be lots of Bible stuff, discussion, etc., prayer. Should be fun. The key is to respect the believer. They are pretty darn religious, but it's about spending time with family and friends. If they want to talk about Jesus, we will discuss what's in the Bible, no judgement necessary.

It's how people get along.

• perfect1
    perfect1

EP I barely recognize you without the telephone booth.

• still thinking
    still thinking

EP often tries to strip the dignity of others using provocative language, which is against the rules of this forum...sab

You may or may not be right. But in this instance where you wanted others to comment on what was said. I don't see how anyone can.

And yes...stonecutters. You are bleeding this over from another thread and I have no idea what you are talking about. Why are you bringing it here?

Guess thats the end of this thread....sorry Palmtree.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's a police box ;)

/Doctor Who reference

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, my point, to try to bring the thread back on topic of understanding one another, I have two guys that work for me that are very Christian. They know I am atheist and we often had long conversation about God, Jesus, the nature of the universe. It's all about being willing to have an honest conversation and be respectful, but also being able to point out or have it pointed out to you when someone is being ridiculous.

Honesty is the key.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit