A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    That's not a truce.
    Truce means neither side slams the other. There is no if, and, or but.

Yay! Mrs. J "gets it"!!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

As a believer, I find it difficult if not impossible for nonbelievers to be capable of respecting a truce or having civil discussions because they dont have any values. The believe their very existance happened by chance so they dont even respect themselves.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Cofty:

It comes back to the point of making a distinction between the believer and the things they believe.

As a non-believer I don't define myself by my lack of belief but for many people of faith their whole identity is tied up with their beliefs so when you ask questions about that they feel personally attacked

That's the difference I see, too.

• Satanus
    Satanus

OMG, TS, i can see your problem. Too bad you can't.

S

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    As a believer, I find it difficult if not impossible for nonbelievers to be capable of respecting a truce or having civil discussions because they dont have any values. The believe their very existance happened by chance so they dont even respect themselves.

**sigh**

Yes....."atheists have no values" and "no respect for themselves".

Thank you for your input. I guess the truce is over.

• cofty
    cofty

I find it difficult if not impossible for nonbelievers to be capable of respecting a truce or having civil discussions because they dont have any values. TS

Please explain why you think I have no values.

My initial assumption is that you are ignorant and arrogant but maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

• tec
    tec

Pretty sure Miz is being... mmm... a (good-natured) smartass? (love ya, Miz, you know I do )

I think the board has been sort of truce-like the past week or so. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is glad of it.

Peace,

tammy

• Diest
    Diest

I think the truce should be between Theists and Non-Believers....better dividing line.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Miz/TS is pulling your leg. Or am I just stating the obvious?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Miz is a 5-star multifaceted mole.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit