A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    We all agreed a long way back in this thread that truce wasn't the issue

Yes, I guess I missed that, C, as did perhaps EP. Neither of us were handling a "difference" here, though; to the contrary, both of which were easily discernable. Moving on...

A slave of Christ,

SA, who's simply gonna chalk this thread up to the fact that a lot of folks apparently still suffer from "I still read like I learned how to from the WTBTS"-itis.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - New thread please. Its a good theme but its off topic by miles.

It's totally on topic because it demonstrates that touchy subjects can be discussed in a civil manner (or not). It shows whether the truce is working or that it's broken. Just roll with it, Cofty, like an otter down a river.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

Where are you going with this sab? Is it going to point out how we can communicate better with each other somehow?

I'm not understanding your logic here. I'm sure it must be going somewhere.

• cofty
    cofty
    the small group of evangelical atheists here display many (not of course all) of the characteristics of the JW's that many of them once were - Chariklo
    a lot of folks apparently still suffer from "I still read like I learned how to from the WTBTS"-itis. - Shelby

A disciple is not greater than her teacher.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Where are you going with this sab? Is it going to point out how we can communicate better with each other somehow?

What would you die for?

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty
    It shows whether the truce is working or that it's broken.

Try to focus on the thread Sab.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Try to focus on the thread Sab.

In the world of religion, typically you see people willing to die for their beliefs. Christianity is a religion with a foundation in martyrdom. Does being willing to die for faith, as in lacking evidence, make one a good or a bad believer?

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Tried twice - now I'm ignoring you Sab. If you put your question on a new thread I will be happy to join in.

• still thinking
    still thinking

No, I'm still lost sab. Not connecting what that question has to do with this thread.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Does being willing to die for faith, as in lacking evidence, make one a good or a bad believer? . . . sab

Depends on your perspective doesn't it sab?

From the point of view of a fellow believer of the same faith . . . to die for it seems honourable (good)

From the point of view of someone who believes it's hogwash . . . it seems very dumb (bad)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit